Author Topic: ‘I need help’: Good Samaritan comes to aid of woman raped by stranger on morning jog  (Read 812 times)

Offline Hoodat

‘I need help’: Good Samaritan comes to aid of woman raped by stranger on morning jog

Amanda Woods, Joe Marino, and Gabrielle Fonrouge  |  November 3, 2022  |  10:17am

A woman out for a run in the West Village was raped, choked and robbed Thursday morning by a stranger who left her bleeding on the path before taking off on a Citi Bike after the harrowing attack.

The 43-year-old woman was running around 5:30 a.m. along Pier 45, near West and Christopher streets, when a man grabbed her from behind and choked her until she lost consciousness, police said.

The fiend then knocked her to the ground, took off her clothing and raped her, cops said.

He grabbed the woman’s wallet, debit card, cell phone and headphones before taking off on a Citi Bike, leaving her shoeless and with blood running from her face and elbows, cops, law-enforcement sources and a witness said.

“She was in workout clothes but they were kind of torn up, they were dirty, she wasn’t wearing any shoes, she was just wearing one sock,” said Gabrielle Sumkin, who was out for a run when she came across the disheveled woman standing on the path.

“She was like holding her eye… This woman seemed like she was legitimately very hurt and it was clear that something had happened to her,” the Greenwich Village resident said.

Sumkin, 23, said she, “approached her slowly and I asked her if she was OK.”

“She was just kind of saying ‘I need help, I need help,’” the good Samaritan told The Post by phone.  “She had like clearly been through physical trauma.”  .  .  .

.  .  .  The incident comes just over a month after a 35-year-old woman was sexually assaulted and robbed at knifepoint while jogging at Fort Tryon Park in Inwood.

Kenneth Miller, 31, was arrested in connection with that incident, police said.

Another jogger was sexually assaulted in late March on the Hudson River Greenway at Pier 40 near West and Clarkson streets, police said.

Rapes citywide are up nearly 16% so far this year compared to this time period last year, NYPD data show.

In the sixth precinct where the attack happened, rapes are up 22%, data show.  .  .

https://nypost.com/2022/11/03/jogger-43-raped-by-total-stranger-in-nyc-cops/

Kathy Hochul:  "I don't know why that's so important to you".
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Congratulations, Governor Hochul and Mayor Adams.

Offline mountaineer

Sickening.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Congratulations, Governor Hochul and Mayor Adams.

Hochul to Zeldin on crime: 'I don't know why that's so important to you'
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Homeless man, 29, with TWENTY FIVE arrests - and wanted over two other sex attacks - is busted for 5:30am rape and robbery of female jogger, 43, after choking her unconscious as she ran along Hudson River in NYC's affluent West Village. Story at Daily Mail
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Homeless man, 29, with TWENTY FIVE arrests - and wanted over two other sex attacks - is busted for 5:30am rape and robbery of female jogger, 43, after choking her unconscious as she ran along Hudson River in NYC's affluent West Village. Story at Daily Mail

This is the same guy they caught using her credit card.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
When elected officials and law won't protect the people than it's time for the people to.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"@leezeldin: My first day as governor, I'll declare a crime emergency. I'll stop Hochul's cashless bail and fire weak prosecutors"

"Vote like your life depends on it — because it does."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1586114985419505666