Author Topic: Shepard Smith out at CNBC as network shifts focus  (Read 584 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Shepard Smith out at CNBC as network shifts focus
« on: November 03, 2022, 06:16:29 pm »
Shepard Smith out at CNBC as network shifts focus
by Maria Leaf, Senior Engagement Editor
November 03, 2022 01:45 PM

After just two years, CNBC is pulling the plug on Shepard Smith's prime-time show, The News with Shepard Smith.

The move is being done to "refocus on business and market coverage," the network said in a statement.

“After spending time with many of you and closely reviewing the various aspects of our business, I believe we must prioritize and focus on our core strengths of business news and personal finance,” CNBC President KC Sullivan said in an email to CNBC employees. “As a result of this strategic alignment to our core business, we will need to shift some of our priorities and resources and make some difficult decisions.”

The show will end later this month. A final air date has not been announced. The network also has not indicated who will fill that time slot.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/shepard-smith-out-cnbc
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Shepard Smith out at CNBC as network shifts focus
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 06:22:59 pm »
They could put a trained chimp in his spot for peanuts and still get higher ratings.

Poor Shemp.  He chose his career path poorly
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 07:15:25 pm »
 :03:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 08:54:38 pm »
They could put a trained chimp in his spot for peanuts and still get higher ratings.

Poor Shemp.  He chose his career path poorly

He turned left when he should have turned right....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 09:06:30 pm »
"While other news organizations such as CNN are going through cost-cutting measures, the decision to replace Smith’s show with a nightly business program is strategic in nature," they continue. "Sullivan is attempting to clarify CNBC’s brand as specifically targeting business, given the many choices on TV and on the internet for more general news."

https://thepostmillennial.com/cnbc-cancels-shepard-smiths-show-in-effort-to-refocus-on-business-news?utm_campaign=64483

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2022, 10:13:36 pm »
He turned left when he should have turned right....

My favorite paraprosdokian is "Three lefts make a right."    But he only made 2.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2022, 03:09:01 am »
My favorite paraprosdokian is "Three lefts make a right."    But he only made 2.
Are you sure he just can't count and made four? I feel so sad for him, who is going to do his makeup for him now so he looks pretty?