Author Topic: Biden preparing for potential 2024 re-election bid behind the scenes  (Read 655 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 November 2, 2022 2:54pm EDT
Biden preparing for potential 2024 re-election bid behind the scenes
White House meetings come at same time president is helping his party in midterm elections

By Brooke Singman , Paul Steinhauser | Fox News

President Biden has been meeting with top advisers at the White House residence this autumn to prepare for a potential 2024 re-election campaign, Fox News has confirmed.

The meetings, which include senior White House advisers Anita Dunn, Mike Donilon and Jen O’Malley Dillon — who all held top roles in Biden’s successful 2020 presidential campaign — as well as White House chief of staff Ron Klain and first lady Jill Biden, started in September, according to the Washington Post, which was first to report the news on Wednesday morning.

The preparations for a possible presidential campaign come as Biden has yet to make any final decisions on whether he’ll seek a second term in the White House.

"I have not made that formal decision, but it’s my intention. My intention to run again. And we have time to make that decision," the president said two weeks ago in an interview on MSNBC.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-prepares-potential-2024-re-election-bid-behind-scenes

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: Biden preparing for potential 2024 re-election bid behind the scenes
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 04:22:17 pm »
Whether Biden actually intends to run or not, he needs others in the Dem Party to believe he is running in 2024 to defer the inevitable abandonment, betrayal, and stabs in the back by Dem apparatchiks that have 2024 political sympathies for other Dems.

The fraud wasted 32 years of his life running to be a worse President than Jimmy Carter - and that's only the first two years of Biden's Presidency.  Jimmy Carter would have given his left gonad to have fracking back in 1979.

Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 04:23:18 pm »
Biden is a joke.  Does he plan on running from his basement again?  I doubt he is going to have the political machine he had behind him.  They've already picked out who they want.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 04:36:17 pm »
By declaring, and establishing his 2024 re-election infrastructure, he could pre-emptively lock up the Dem political talent-for-hire.

This would deny access to them by other potential 2024 Dem contenders.

Also, it provides him a position of power and influence because other Dems would have to go through him to access the Dem talent-for-hire he controls.

It's a defense from the potential slings and arrows that will come from Hillary Clinton's direction.

Hillary desperately wants to become the first woman President ... at any, and all, costs to the Dem party and the country.

We live in a Golden Age of Sociopathic Narcissistic Megalomaniacs - Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, Vladimir Putin, Xi Jinping, Kim Jong-un, and Mohammed bin Salman.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 05:13:54 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 05:01:57 pm »

We live in a Golden Age of Sociopathic Narcissistic Megalomaniacs - Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, Vladimir Putin, Xi Jinping, Kim Jong-un, and Mohammed bin Salman.

Why have you lumped Donald Trump in this very specific group?  Please provide details @DefiantMassRINO

Thanks.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2022, 05:13:19 pm »
Why?  Because Donald Trump has the same apsiration for absolute power, like the others.

But, I also need to add Joe Biden to that list.  The guy ran for President for 32 years.

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2022, 05:28:27 pm »
Why?  Because Donald Trump has the same apsiration for absolute power, like the others.

Then you have a fundamental misconception of Donald Trump. @DefiantMassRINO

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2022, 05:40:12 pm »
I have my own opinion of Donald Trump that does not agree with the opinions of others.

I voted for him in 2016.  It didn't work out in the way I hoped.  I've moved on.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2022, 08:03:18 pm »
Turning away from the shiny disco ball, the real issue is the 25th amendment wildcard that is going to have to be dealt with before then, given the rapidity of Biden's decline, and the jockeying of position and dirty deeds that go with that.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2022, 08:29:47 pm »
I have my own opinion of Donald Trump that does not agree with the opinions of others.

I voted for him in 2016.  It didn't work out in the way I hoped.  I've moved on.

That is fine.  I intend to vote for whom I think will take us in a more positive direction in 2024.  This country is hanging by a thread and God willing we'll make it to another election and this country will see a fair election.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2022, 08:41:45 pm »
Turning away from the shiny disco ball, the real issue is the 25th amendment wildcard that is going to have to be dealt with before then, given the rapidity of Biden's decline, and the jockeying of position and dirty deeds that go with that.

I don't see the dems removing Biden with Harris in the wings @Free Vulcan   She is a dreadful mistake -----  a major political liability who'll be impossibe to sideline in 2024 if she's the incumbant.

I anticipate something like this: ---   Come 2023 Biden's returned to the basement, the heir apparent is unveiled, progressively assumes the role of the party's communicator and camera ready slayer of all things MAGA.  Harris redecorates her office.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2022, 09:00:11 pm »
I don't see the dems removing Biden with Harris in the wings @Free Vulcan   She is a dreadful mistake -----  a major political liability who'll be impossibe to sideline in 2024 if she's the incumbant.

I anticipate something like this: ---   Come 2023 Biden's returned to the basement, the heir apparent is unveiled, progressively assumes the role of the party's communicator and camera ready slayer of all things MAGA.  Harris redecorates her office.

That is a possibility, as are many others. But Harris is in the driver seat to make a move, if she can get enough cabinet members on her side. At the rate of his decline, she has leverage.

If the opening is there, I can see her taking the opportunity and forcing the issue (if he's far enough gone), putting herself in a stronger position as the '24 incumbent. Guessing she is already sowing seeds.

Question is will she?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 09:03:50 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2022, 09:12:00 pm »
That is a possibility, as are many others. But Harris is in the driver seat to make a move, if she can get enough cabinet members on her side. At the rate of his decline, she has leverage.

And she can engage in that court intrigue without anyone on the outside of that circle having alot of say, absent Congressional action. If the opening is there, I can see her taking the opportunity and forcing the issue (if he's far enough gone), putting herself in a stronger position as the '24 incumbent. Guessing she is already sowing seeds.

Question is will she?

IMO Harris is simply a placeholder for right now.  Chuckles is on drugs and can't manage to communicate anything beyond word salads.  Biden has two more years to hang on to his seat and with his increasing obvious dementia I don't see that happening.

So like it or not I think we'll see Harris as President; at that point she is a liability to the DEM party.  However, I believe her VP has already been selected; Michelle, Jarrett or Rice.  That will bring in the DEM votes in 2024. 

My other thought is that 'they' will see to it that Harris steps down after her VP is selected and 'they' will create a formidable team for the '24 election.

Frankly, I don't think that the DEMS are at all worried about the mid-terms. They know that the GOP is the party of do-nothings.  They have their eyes on '24. 

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2022, 09:36:52 pm »
IMO Harris is simply a placeholder for right now.  Chuckles is on drugs and can't manage to communicate anything beyond word salads.  Biden has two more years to hang on to his seat and with his increasing obvious dementia I don't see that happening.

So like it or not I think we'll see Harris as President; at that point she is a liability to the DEM party.  However, I believe her VP has already been selected; Michelle, Jarrett or Rice.  That will bring in the DEM votes in 2024. 

My other thought is that 'they' will see to it that Harris steps down after her VP is selected and 'they' will create a formidable team for the '24 election.

Frankly, I don't think that the DEMS are at all worried about the mid-terms. They know that the GOP is the party of do-nothings.  They have their eyes on '24.

The $10T question is if she makes a move and JoeJill refuse to go, yet he's obviously way past his expiry date, and the nature of the infighting and fallout that comes after.
The Republic is lost.

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2022, 10:42:31 pm »

If the opening is there, I can see her taking the opportunity and forcing the issue (if he's far enough gone), putting herself in a stronger position as the '24 incumbent. Guessing she is already sowing seeds.

Question is will she?

I just don't think Harris has enough (any) power or influence within the democrat party.  She's already passing through beyond salvage status.

I suspect once the powers that be agree on another woman "of color",  they'll rip off the Harris band-aid and she'll spend the rest of her days in WDC waiting for foreign dignitaries to die and looking for a home in Palm Springs.