Author Topic: Pelosi Attacker Was In US Illegally; Authorities Seeking Deportation  (Read 216 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pelosi Attacker Was In US Illegally; Authorities Seeking Deportation

By Joshua Markland
@baconpizza7

11/03/22 AT 10:24 AM

The man accused of breaking into House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's home and attacking her husband with a hammer is a Canadian citizen who overstayed his welcome, and U.S. immigration officials now seek his deportation, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) told the Washington Post on Wednesday.

David DePape is charged with both federal and state crimes stemming from his violent Friday attack at Pelosi's San Fransisco home. It's alleged that DePape broke in while Paul Pelosi was asleep, entering the bedroom armed with a hammer and asking for the longtime House Speaker.

DePape entered the country in early March, crossing legally along the California-Mexico border as a temporary visitor. While it is customary for Canadians on business or pleasure to be permitted to enter the U.S. with no visa, they are permitted to stay no longer than six months.

"U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) lodged an immigration detainer on Canadian national David DePape with San Francisco County Jail, Nov. 1, following his Oct. 28 arrest," the DHS said.

https://www.ibtimes.com/pelosi-attacker-was-us-illegally-authorities-seeking-deportation-3631704
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Pelosi Attacker Was In US Illegally; Authorities Seeking Deportation
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 02:58:07 pm »
In another article I read, it was noted that both men were fully dressed when the police arrived.  That is a highly unusual thing to note and suggests there is way more to this story than the media are reporting.  The fact the perp was in the house with a police presence on sight seems highly suspicious, too.   :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson