Author Topic: The Dangers of Low Atmospheric CO2 Concentrations  (Read 226 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Dangers of Low Atmospheric CO2 Concentrations
« on: November 03, 2022, 01:24:13 pm »
The Dangers of Low Atmospheric CO2 Concentrations
By Craig D. Idso -- November 1, 2022

Thus, CO2 literally is the “food” that sustains essentially all plants (and animals who consume plants, including humans) on the face of the Earth. And when that food supply is diminished, nature begins to diminish.

In my last post I shared the results of research findings demonstrating that rising atmospheric CO2 levels represent no current direct threat to human health and/or cognitive performance and decision making. Further, I explained that they present no realistic future threat either; for CO2 levels would need to increase some 36 times above the present concentration before they would even begin to pose a mild health concern.

That value (i.e., 15,000 ppm) will never occur, given it is a factor of ten above the approximate 1500 ppm atmospheric CO2 limit that scientists think is possible if society utilized all of the currently-known fossil fuel reserves on the planet.

But what about low CO2 concentrations? Might they pose a threat to humanity? In short, yes. The lower the CO2 concentration, the greater the risk. This certainly applies to net reductions in PPM, but it also applies to reductions in CO2 from government climate policies against market preferences for mineral energies, natural gas, coal, and oil. The more CO2 the better, in other words.

Explanation

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/11/03/the-dangers-of-low-atmospheric-co2-concentrations/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The Dangers of Low Atmospheric CO2 Concentrations
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 10:12:28 pm »
CO2 is as necessary to life as is oxygen.

It was never a "pollutant".
It never will be.
It is a basic building block of life.