Author Topic: The number of homeless vets dropped sharply over the last two years  (Read 410 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The number of homeless vets dropped sharply over the last two years
By Leo Shane III
 Nov 3, 05:00 AM

The number of veterans experiencing homelessness sank more than 11% from the start of 2020 to early 2022, a dramatic drop after several years of limited progress in finding shelter for those individuals, federal officials announced Thursday.

However, the results of the annual national Point-in-Time count still show about 33,000 veterans across the country without reliable housing options.

Officials said the progress shows not only the work that still needs to be done to help veterans, but also that targeted efforts to help veterans avoid homelessness can produce positive results.

“One veteran experiencing homelessness will always be one too many, but the [new data] shows that we are making real progress in the fight to end veteran homelessness,” VA Secretary Denis McDonough said in a statement.

https://www.militarytimes.com/veterans/2022/11/03/the-number-of-homeless-vets-dropped-sharply-over-the-last-two-years/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The number of homeless vets dropped sharply over the last two years
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2022, 12:28:59 pm »
Why do I feel this is more number massaging than factual? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2022, 04:22:18 pm »
Why do I feel this is more number massaging than factual? :pondering:
The guveaway is ‘federal officials’

Online rustynail

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2022, 04:30:12 pm »
How many are just dead?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2022, 06:01:24 pm »
How many are just dead?
My thoughts, too. An aging demographic through the midst of all the COVID nonsense...and subject to the whims of criminals in the cities.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2022, 02:55:14 am »
They're homeless vets so just how does the government count them? Do they tell the VA they are homeless when they go for medical care? I somehow doubt these guys are regular at the VA so really, how are they counting them?

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2022, 10:39:28 am »
subject to the whims of criminals in the cities.

Are you referring to elected officials?
Thomas Jefferson