Author Topic: Ohio cops are accused of dressing patrol horses as KKK - but sheriff argues they were meant to be 'g  (Read 794 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ohio cops are accused of dressing patrol horses as KKK - but sheriff argues they were meant to be 'ghosts' covered in sheets with their holes cut out for their eyes

An Ohio sheriff has defended his officers after local residents accused them of inadvertently dressing their horses like the KKK
    The horses were draped in sheets with eye, ear and mouth holes for Halloween
    One resident said, 'You go back and look at pictures of the Ku Klux Klan, it's like the exact replica of what the horses looked like'
    But sheriff Frank Leonbruno insists local families enjoyed the ghost horses and that they'd achieved their goal of bringing Halloween joy
    The sheriff said his officers did not mean to offend anyone and thought the pumpkin lights draped around the horses sent a clear message

By Sophie Mann For Dailymail.Com

Published: 13:36 EDT, 2 November 2022 | Updated: 13:36 EDT, 2 November 2022

In Lake County, Ohio a Sheriff Frank Leonbruno is defending his employees who he says did not mean to offend anyone when they dressed up their police horses as ghosts for Halloween.

The Mounted Unit horses were covered in large white sheets Monday night, with eyes cut for their noses, eyes and eats. They were also draped in bright orange pumpkin lights.

But context clues and the apparent enjoyment of the horses' costumes by neighborhood children didn't stop some local residents from complaining that the horses resembled equine members of the Ku Klux Klan in their infamous white hoods.

That was poor execution for a ghost,' one Lake County resident told local station Fox 8. 'You go back and look at pictures of the Ku Klux Klan, it's like the exact replica of what the horses looked like.'

Mounted police officers in Lake County, Ohio draped their horses in sheets and adorned them with glowing pumpkin lights on Halloween to the delight of neighborhood children

Images of Ku Klux Klan members on horseback in their unmistakable pointed hats

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11382395/Ohio-cops-accused-dressing-patrol-horses-KKK-sheriff-says-ghosts.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Offline JRags

Shouldn't the X on the side of the horses be a D?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Oh the Horror.   9999hair out0000

Is there anything that will not trigger a liberal twatwaffle?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

The left is always ready to play the race card for anything the police or the right do. Any right wing pol, scribbler, or pundit who dares oppose any ridiculous lib/leftist program/talking point will be immediately labeled a member of the KKK or Nazi. It's just what they do.

Offline mountaineer

'You go back and look at pictures of the Ku Klux Klan, it's like the exact replica of what the horses looked like.'
No, it's not. Where is the KKK emblem on the Lake County police horses, you stupid tw*twaffle?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

Some folks go out of their way to look for things to be offended by.  I guess they aren’t happy unless they peed off.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Some folks go out of their way to look for things to be offended by.  I guess they aren’t happy unless they peed off.
It's all part of being a Victim, don'tcha know.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline BellyAche

How else would you make a horse look like a ghost but dress them in loose fitting sheets with holes so that they can see??  More grasping for the inane!!!  999yawn
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Kamaji

How else would you make a horse look like a ghost but dress them in loose fitting sheets with holes so that they can see??  More grasping for the inane!!!  999yawn

Exactly.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

There's always the possibility that the Sheriff is dumb as dirt.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline aligncare

There's always the possibility that the Sheriff is dumb as dirt.

Why would we assume that?

The U.S. constitution doesn’t protect us from being offended by something—except government overreach.  Just because some Karen or Ken thinks that a costumed horse is an homage to the KKK or that a garage pull looks like a hangman’s noose doesn’t give them any extra rights to pee on others’ parades.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
No, it's not. Where is the KKK emblem on the Lake County police horses, you stupid tw*twaffle?
Does this mean also that every kid that ever went out as a ghost was also guilty of dressing like democr, er, the Klan? How about people who put a ghost costume on their dog? It's funny as hell democrats whining about others dressing in costumes that may appear as one of their trademarked subjects.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Waiting for a rash of Smollett Cross burnings in Lake Co.  Or maybe a noose or two.  The place is a known hot bed of Klan activity. I bet every garage has a confederate flag tacked up on the walls.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Casper the Freindly Ghost is Grand Wizard of the Knights of the Klu Klux Klan.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright