Author Topic: Bloomberg Don’t Understand Why China Needs Coal  (Read 261 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Bloomberg Don’t Understand Why China Needs Coal
« on: November 02, 2022, 05:05:35 pm »
Bloomberg Don’t Understand Why China Needs Coal
NOVEMBER 2, 2022
tags: China
By Paul Homewood

China is building a vast array of new coal-fired power stations, potentially more than the operating capacity of the US, even though it knows the plants will probably never be fully used.

The puzzle of why the world’s leading installer of clean energy is investing so much in the worst polluting — and increasingly expensive — fossil fuel shows the depth of Beijing’s concern over the global squeeze in energy supplies. But it also reflects planning for a gradual relegation of coal’s role, from prime power source to a widely available but often idle backup to China’s rapidly expanding renewables fleet.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-10-31/china-wants-more-coal-power-and-to-hit-climate-change-targets?mc_cid=9cc635f7e9&mc_eid=4961da7cb1

Who writes this drivel?

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2022/11/02/bloomberg-dont-understand-why-china-needs-coal/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Bloomberg Don’t Understand Why China Needs Coal
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 05:39:23 pm »
China wants coal as an energy hedge because it is abundant, affordable, and reliable.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 05:40:48 pm »
Well Bloomberg you go over there and give them what for! They need a good scolding!

Just hope the bullet to your head is quick and clean.
The Republic is lost.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 05:58:31 pm »
Maybe because of times like now with severe drought that makes all the hydroelectric power from their huge damn unobtanium? In a country that cycles between severe flood and severe drought coal is consistent and China has never and never will give a damn about green energy or the environment.