Author Topic: White House deletes tweet flagged by Twitter that credited Biden for Social Security payment increas  (Read 304 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 2, 2022 12:28pm EDT
White House deletes tweet flagged by Twitter that credited Biden for Social Security payment increase
The tweet came down without explanation from the White House

By Peter Kasperowicz | Fox News

The White House on Wednesday deleted a tweet that credited "President Biden’s leadership" for the increase in Social Security payments, which was flagged by Twitter as something that was actually caused by a 40-year high in inflation.

"Seniors are getting the biggest increase in their Social Security checks in 10 years through President Biden's leadership," the White House tweeted Tuesday.

That tweet disappeared without an explanation from the White House by early Wednesday afternoon.

That original tweet was accompanied by a note from Twitter that said many readers were adding "context" to the WH message that said the jump in Social Security payments were "due to the annual cost of living adjustment, which is based on the inflation rate."

Twitter adds "context" notes when they are rated highly enough by Twitter users, a point that Twitter’s new owner, Elon Musk, stressed on Wednesday morning.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-deletes-tweet-flagged-twitter-credited-biden-social-security-payment-increase

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline berdie

Well, the audience he is preaching to may think this is a good thing. Most people know that SS increases are based on the inflation rate. Inflation is high under his leadership...not good.

(I just talked to my neighbor. He believes that Joe is saving us, not causing the problem. I tried to explain what the COLA was based on and he put his fingers ears and started singing la-la-la. I know better. I would have better success talking to his dog.)

Offline Killer Clouds

Well, the audience he is preaching to may think this is a good thing. Most people know that SS increases are based on the inflation rate. Inflation is high under his leadership...not good.

(I just talked to my neighbor. He believes that Joe is saving us, not causing the problem. I tried to explain what the COLA was based on and he put his fingers ears and started singing la-la-la. I know better. I would have better success talking to his dog.)
Democrats are extremely stupid.

Offline Polly Ticks

I hope it ends up as an example of the Streisand Effect. 
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra