Author Topic: Biden to give speech on threats to democracy from Capitol Hill on Wednesday  (Read 3147 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden to give speech on threats to democracy from Capitol Hill on Wednesday
by Alex Gangitano - 11/02/22 9:41 AM ET

President Biden on Wednesday evening will deliver a speech focused on threats to democracy ahead of the midterm elections and following the violent attack on Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s (D-Calif.) husband last week.

The speech will be made on Capitol Hill, White House senior adviser Anita Dunn and deputy chief of staff Jen O’Malley Dillon announced at an Axios event on Wednesday morning.

The speech will take place the Columbus Club in Union Station at 7 p.m. and is hosted by the Democratic National Committee (DNC). It will focus on the threat of election deniers and “those who seek to undermine faith in voting and democracy,” according to the DNC.

“I think you can expect to hear from him this evening, similar to what he’s been saying over the course of the last several months, that there is a lot at stake in terms of democracy and everyone has a role in that,” O’Malley said. “The other thing that will be really important [is] people will be able to vote … democracy works to make sure every vote is counted.”

Dunn called it appropriate that it will be made on Capitol Hill “because on January 6, we saw violence geared towards subverting democratic processes there.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3715469-biden-to-make-speech-on-threats-to-democracy-from-capitol-hill-on-wednesday/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Biden, and his fellow travelers in the DNC, are one of the biggest threats to democracy in this country.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Be sure to include slurs like:

Mega Maga Republican  Or "Vitameatavegamin." the way Joe's brain will verbally process it.

Whisper for effect and then yell like an angry old man.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline BellyAche

Uhhhhh????
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline andy58-in-nh

So Democrats think they can turn things around by sending the Senile Old Scold out yet again to bluster and shout about how rotten and dangerous half the American people are?

Bring. It. On.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Sez the biggest threat to our democracy in our history.

The irony is epic.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Looks like he is going to blame Repubs for everything..I am surprised his handlers are letting him out so close to the election.. :shrug:

Joe Biden Plans Dramatic Speech Warning of Republican ‘Threat’ to Democracy After Attack on Paul Pelosi

President Joe Biden plans to deliver another fervent warning on Wednesday about Republicans and the threat they pose to the future of democracy in the United States.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/11/02/joe-biden-plans-dramatic-speech-warning-of-republican-threat-to-democracy-after-attack-on-paul-pelosi/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Broken record gonna be broken I guess.
The Republic is lost.

Online rustynail

7pm seems late in the day for Our Joe. 

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I understand that for the event they will be swapping out 'Hail to the Chief' and substituting this piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPTQewS4QFk

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Remember when Congress used to conduct the People's business on the floor of the US House and US Senate?

Now they create "frameworks" in backrooms and use the "mandate" of slimmest majority to ram policies down the People's throat.

US Congressmen and US Seantors no longer represent the People who elect them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdEupVsL07E
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online Right_in_Virginia

Another "voters are a threat to our democracy" speech.

I'm betting the media protects the democrats and doesn't show the speech live ------  and their editors make big overtime bucks.

Offline LMAO

So Democrats think they can turn things around by sending the Senile Old Scold out yet again to bluster and shout about how rotten and dangerous half the American people are?

Bring. It. On.

I say bring it on, also

But who is advising these people? He did this once before and it backfired. Does he think second time’s the charm?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 06:20:41 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

I think what’s going on is fear

Many of these people running in the GOP are not the Mitt Romney, Liz Cheney, Paul Ryan Republicans. There is a lot of entrenched power that believe a big shake up is probably coming and that they will be exposed to the American people

And to that I say holy holy hallelujah
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Smashes the Homeless to Give Unscheduled 'Threat to Democracy' Speech at Union Station
By Bonchie | 2:00 PM on November 02, 2022

Joe Biden is about to give another “red speech” on Wednesday evening. The unscheduled event will take place at Union Station, just across the street from the Capitol Grounds. Naturally, and predictably, the content will center on supposed “threats” to “democracy,” which is the only drum Democrats have left to beat prior to next week’s mid-terms.

Biden will reportedly address “election deniers and those who seek to undermine faith in voting and democracy.”

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/1587803294608621569

excerpt:

Everyone sees through this farce. Biden is a desperate, senile man who knows his party is about to get its clock cleaned. Whatever speech he ends up giving won’t move the needle for anyone. All it will be is fodder for people like me to point and laugh, and believe me, we’ll be doing that later tonight.

With that said, the story of this event gets better. Apparently, the authorities cleared all the homeless out of Union State in preparation.

There had been a tent city set up outside the historic landmark that officials had steadfastly refused to remove, part of the soaring crime rate in Washington, DC, in recent years. But the moment Biden wants to make a speech, the clean-up crews arrive. If that’s not a perfect contrast between Democrat elitism vs. what they demand normal people live with, I don’t know what is. That it’s coming on the eve of a major election is icing on the cake.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/11/02/joe-biden-smashes-the-homeless-to-give-unscheduled-threat-to-democracy-speech-at-union-station-n652950
Support the USO

Online Right_in_Virginia

This was a great place to meet for dinner or lunch with some impulse shopping thown in --- especially when working on the Hill on a Saturday   **nononono*

Susan Ferrechio
@susanferrechio

President Biden plans to deliver an address Tuesday night from Union Station in DC. This once-thriving shopping center is now practically a ghost town. I took this photo of empty stores on Saturday.

9:56 AM · Nov 2, 2022  Twitter for iPhone

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 2, 2022 4:45pm EDT
Biden expected to rally Dems with blistering remarks about democracy being on the ballot, MAGA Republicans
Biden expected to lay out an indictment of Republicans and 'election deniers' during DNC speech blocks away from the Capitol

By Haris Alic | Fox News

President Biden is expected to deliver a blistering attack on Republicans just blocks from the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday – less than a week before voters head to the polls and decide whether to keep Democrats in control of Congress.

Biden will speak at a Democratic National Committee event inside Union Station in Washington, D.C. Before an audience largely made up of Democratic Party chieftains and reporters, Biden is expected to lay out an indictment of Republicans and "election deniers."

The president offered a preview of the remarks Tuesday during an election rally in Florida with his party's Senate and gubernatorial candidates.

"There are 350 [election] deniers… on the Republican ballot, everything from state house races to secretaries of state, to governors, [and] to senators," said Biden. "Folks, there’s a lot at stake – a whole lot at stake."

Biden's DNC speech is expected to expand on those attacks and frame the upcoming midterms, where Democrats are defending narrow majorities in Congress, as a critical moment for American democracy. In making the argument, the president is likely to lean heavily on previous rhetoric warning that a vote for Democrats this cycle is an opportunity to rebuff political extremism.

"MAGA Republicans do not respect the Constitution," Biden said during a prime-time address from Philadelphia's Independence Hall in September. "MAGA forces are determined to take this country backwards to an America where there is no right to choose, no right to privacy, no right to contraception, no right to marry who you love."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-expected-rally-dems-blistering-remarks-about-democracy-ballot-maga-republicans
Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Inflation is real.

Inflation hurts.

Inflation matters.

Inflation's pain is not a trifle.

Inflation will NOT be transitory until the Dems end their sanctions against domestic energy suppliers.

Dems will pay the price at the ballot box for their dismissal of REAL issues that effect voters.

Global Climate Change is UNREAL.  The Biden Admin is sacrificing the economic security of the American people to solve a FICTIONAL problem.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 09:25:22 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Online mountaineer

Noah Pollak
@NoahPollak
What a perfect coda to the story of Democrats in the 2022 election. Clear out the homeless (a very real problem) from a failed shopping mall (another very real problem) so that you can sermonize about "threats to democracy" (a made-up problem). Incredible.
11:27 AM · Nov 2, 2022

Susan Ferrechio
@susanferrechio
President Biden plans to deliver an address Tuesday night from Union Station in DC. This once-thriving shopping center is now practically a ghost town. I took this photo of empty stores on Saturday.

9:56 AM · Nov 2, 2022

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
FJB and his damned Democracy!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

:beer:   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
November 2, 2022 5:50pm EDT
McCarthy slams Biden for 'dividing the nation' ahead of speech assailing MAGA Republicans
Biden is set to deliver remarks at a DNC event blocks from the U.S. Capitol Wednesday

By Brooke Singman | Fox News

EXCLUSIVE: House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy, reacting earlier in the day to news of President Biden’s political speech Wednesday night, told Fox News Digital that he is "dividing the nation instead of uniting it," and warned that the commander-in-chief could "get a very big wake-up call" on Election Day.

Biden was set to deliver an attack on Republicans at a Democratic National Committee event inside Union Station in Washington D.C., — just blocks from the U.S. Capitol — less than a week before voters cast their ballots and determine the balance of power in Congress.

Biden was set to slam Republicans and "election deniers."

But in an exclusive interview with Fox News Digital Wednesday afternoon, McCarthy, R-Calif., said the American people "aren’t buying" what he described as Biden’s deflection.

"He is dividing the nation instead of uniting it at a time that we need to unite," McCarthy told Fox News Digital. "And he is doing that because he can’t talk about the policies where people are hurting—the pain of the cost of living and inflation and what they have caused."

McCarthy added: "He is trying to deflect, and the American people aren’t buying it, because every single day, they go to the store, and they can’t afford to buy things, they worry about the future of their children."

Biden, on Wednesday, previewed his remarks, saying there is a "whole lot at stake" on Election Day, saying that there are "350 [election] deniers…on the Republican ballot, everything from state house races to secretaries of state, to governors, to senators."

Biden’s DNC speech Wednesday night is expected to expand on those attacks and frame the midterms as critical for democracy, as Democrats try to hang on to power in the House of Representatives and the Senate.

Biden, in a controversial primetime address from Philadelphia's Independence Hall in September, slammed "MAGA Republicans," saying they "do not respect the Constitution."

"MAGA forces are determined to take this country backwards to an America where there is no right to choose, no right to privacy, no right to contraception, no right to marry who you love," Biden said in September.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-gop-leader-mccarthy-says-biden-is-dividing-the-nation-instead-of-uniting-it-ahead-of-dnc-speech
Support the USO

Offline andy58-in-nh

:yowsa:
The fact that we employ democratic elections for legislators and executives does not make America a "democracy". We are a constitutional republic.

Democracies are a form of government defined by majority rule, one that explicitly refuses to recognize the natural rights of all, and specifically those of minorities.  It also rejects the need for the consent of all to be lawfully governed, and eschews any limits on the power of the majority.

That is why democracies always end in authoritarian rule. Which is precisely what they desire.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline DefiantMassRINO

If Dems love 'democracy' so much, why are their Dem Reps and Senators ignoring the people they allege to represent?

End sanctions against US energy industry NOW!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Charlie Spiering
@charliespiering
·
1m
Joe Biden warns of "DARK FORCES" taking hold in November and that Democracy itself is on the ballot.
Support the USO