Author Topic: NJ Gov. Murphy: GOP Playing ‘the Crime Card’ Has ‘Racial Elements’  (Read 558 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NJ Gov. Murphy: GOP Playing ‘the Crime Card’ Has ‘Racial Elements’

Ian Hanchett 2 Nov 2022

On Tuesday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy (D) stated that Republicans are playing “the crime card” and “it goes back to Nixon’s southern strategy. It’s got racial elements to it.” But that “doesn’t mean that crime is not an issue. It doesn’t mean that we’re not focused on it.”

Murphy stated, “Listen, the other guys play the crime card relentlessly and shamelessly, it seems every election. And the facts and their portrayal of the facts are in entirely different places. That doesn’t mean that crime is not an issue. It doesn’t mean that we’re not focused on it. But I will just say, in New Jersey this year, violent crimes, shooting, homicides are all down meaningfully, between something like 15 and 30%. We invest deeply, not just here, but as a party, in the relations between law enforcement and the communities they serve. We invest in law enforcement. So, they’re really good at playing the card. It reminds me — frankly, it goes back to Nixon’s southern strategy. It’s got racial elements to it. Let’s just call that for what it is. And here we go again. It’s — I feel like it’s a movie that we’ve seen time and time again and they’re pulling that card out again this time.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/11/02/nj-gov-murphy-gop-playing-the-crime-card-has-racial-elements/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: NJ Gov. Murphy: GOP Playing ‘the Crime Card’ Has ‘Racial Elements’
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 01:47:27 pm »
:facepalm2:

No, not really Murphy, since the biggest victims of the DNC-inspired crime spree are minorities.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 02:43:33 pm »
Democrats ask, Who are you going to believe on the crime issue? Murphy or your own lying eyes.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 06:42:52 pm »
Poll after Poll shows that crime is a huge concern for voters. Why does this idiot think that dismissing that concern will result in electoral Nirvana for his party?

Good God! I listen to some of these people in office and I’m convinced that my autistic son could run for office and do a better job and be more coherent
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2022, 06:48:26 pm »
Does he really think that families living in high crime areas enjoy living in constant fear?  Where's the "Social Justice" there?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2022, 08:06:12 pm »
I wonder if he knows how insulting and stupid he sounds.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2022, 08:10:14 pm »
The worse it gets, the more tinny they become, and there is zero self-awareness.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2022, 10:29:54 pm »
Title and presumption:
"NJ Gov. Murphy: GOP Playing ‘the Crime Card’ Has ‘Racial Elements’"

Let's speak frankly.
Yes, it does.
Intentionally and JUSTIFIABLY so.

When one particular race decides to clean up its propensity towards criminal behavior, perhaps then the "racial elements" can be discarded and forgotten.

But... not until then.

Sorry if you don't like this post.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2022, 03:18:06 am »
“it goes back to Nixon’s southern strategy. It’s got racial elements to it.”

Nixon won less than half of the Confederate States in 1968.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-