Author Topic: Alito appears to troll Elizabeth Warren with Native American 'family lore' remarks  (Read 499 times)

Online corbe

Alito appears to troll Elizabeth Warren with Native American 'family lore' remarks

by Kaelan Deese, Supreme Court Reporter

November 01, 2022 02:52 PM

Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito appeared to be trolling Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) when he asked questions regarding Native American ancestry during a landmark affirmative action case on Monday.

Justices debated for nearly five hours on Monday over a pair of cases that will determine whether collegiate institutions can continue to consider race on student applications in the admissions process.

Alito questioned North Carolina Solicitor General Ryan Park, who defended affirmative action policies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, about what is stopping some students from making false claims about their heritage.

"It's family lore that we have an ancestor who was an American Indian," Alito said.

Park contended that it would not "be accurate" for a student applicant to make such claims if they were not true.

But Alito pressed forward, saying, "Well, I identify as an American Indian because I've always been told that some ancestor back in the old days was an American Indian."

Park said, "In that circumstance, it would be very unlikely that that person was telling the truth."

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/alito-appears-to-troll-elizabeth-warren-native-american-remarks
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Don't American Indians get enough prop-ups, end them too. Indian privilege is real unlike some other privileges.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Don't American Indians get enough prop-ups, end them too. Indian privilege is real unlike some other privileges.
Those other groups don't have treaties with the US Government.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Those other groups don't have treaties with the US Government.

Or treaties that were broken by the US.  We have a long history of fu(king native Americans in the ass.  Those other groups..not so much, but they sure squeal like Ned Beatty on a canoe trip down the Chattahoochee.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.