Author Topic: Environmentalists Against Recycling. A study by leftists shows it’s useless.  (Read 237 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Environmentalists Against Recycling
A study by leftists shows it’s useless.
 by DANIEL J. FLYNN
October 26, 2022, 11:49 AM

A new report exposes much of recycling as an empty ritual geared more at cleansing consciences than the planet.

The publisher of the study? Greenpeace.

“The plastics and products industries have been promoting plastic recycling as the solution to plastic waste since the early 1990s,” the report explains. “Some 30 years later, the vast majority of U.S. plastic waste is still not recyclable. The U.S. plastic recycling rate was estimated to have declined to about 5–6% in 2021, down from a high of 9.5% in 2014 and 8.7% in 2018, when the U.S. exported millions of tons of plastic waste to China and counted it as recycled even though much of it was burned or dumped.”

“Circular Claims Fall Flat Again,” an update on an earlier study, points out that existing plants cannot recycle most types of plastics and that recycling other plastics carries an enormous burden of collection, transportation, and cleansing. Beyond this, the process, Greenpeace says, exposes workers and even those living near plastic recycling plants to toxic material. 

Paper, metal, and glass, the report notes, recycle far more easily and efficiently. The report divulges that of last year’s 51 million tons or so of plastic waste, the United States managed to recycle 2.4 tons of it. And it wasn’t for a lack of trying.

https://spectator.org/environmentalists-against-recycling/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Recycling Police Are Here, and They’re Not Happy With You

Government officials spy and surveil ordinary citizens.
 by ELLIE GARDEY
August 5, 2021, 11:49 PM

It’s well established that the recycling system in America is utterly broken. National Geographic reports that something like 91 percent of recycled plastic ends up in a landfill.

Environmentalists know this. And now, they have pinpointed the problem: you.

Yes, you’re the one who tossed your yogurt container into the recycling bin. You’re the one who included your styrofoam coffee cup along with your old newspapers. You’re the one who attempted to recycle a slightly dirty paper plate, plastic utensils, sticky notes, straws, and wet paper towels (all no-go’s that spoil everything).

Leftists have come up with a solution. Recycling police officers will come to your property, look into your recycling bin, examine the contents, and place orange or red warning tags on your bin — alerting your neighbors that you are a bad citizen who is directly causing the temperature of Earth to crank up a degree or two.

Government intrusion now includes rifling through your trash and grading you.

This program, known as “Feet on the Street,” was rolled out this summer in Washtenaw County, Michigan (the home of the Berkeley of the Midwest, Ann Arbor). And the state hopes to expand the program to additional counties.

https://spectator.org/recycling-broken-left-control/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online DB

Well, ya...

Just more leftist "science" in action...

All of it making us poorer.