Author Topic: Scientists Identify More Locations Where It Is Colder Today Than Anytime In The Last 10,000 Years  (Read 381 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Scientists Identify More Locations Where It Is Colder Today Than Anytime In The Last 10,000 Years
By Kenneth Richard on 31. October 2022

Share this...
Sites in Canada and Africa were warmer than today throughout nearly the entirety of the Holocene.

Canada

Per a new study, eastern Canada mean summer temperatures are 13.6°C and July temperatures average 15°C today. For nearly all of the Holocene the region was 1-1.5°C warmer (16.5°C, July) than it is now.

In other words, except for a brief period during the Little Ice Age, the present temperatures are the coldest of the last 8000 years.

Image Source: Perrier et al., 2022
Scientists indicate that “in the last 150 yr, the reconstructed temperatures do not indicate a warming during this time” at sites in the Canadian Arctic (Fortin and Gajewski, 2016). Modern temperatures are 2-3°C colder than anytime in the last ~7000 years.

Image Source: Fortin and Gajewski, 2016

Scientists (Campbell-Heaton et al., 2021) studying another region in Arctic Canada also recently determined the ground surface winter temperatures now (1981-2016) average -33°C, whereas about 9000 to 10,000 years ago ground surface temperatures reached -18°C at this location, or 15°C warmer than present. Winter air temperatures, were, on average, “6-8°C warmer than today” at this time too.

https://notrickszone.com/2022/10/31/scientists-identify-more-locations-where-it-is-colder-today-than-anytime-in-the-last-10000-years/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Does that include the place in democrats hearts?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They have hearts?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They have hearts?

Cold dead hearts.  Vampire hearts of the woking dead.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.