Author Topic: Feds concerned about armed people at Arizona ballot boxes  (Read 999 times)

Offline libertybele

Feds concerned about armed people at Arizona ballot boxes
« on: November 01, 2022, 04:47:29 pm »
Feds concerned about armed people at Arizona ballot boxes

Reports of people watching ballot boxes in Arizona, sometimes armed or wearing ballistic vests, raise serious concerns about voter intimidation, the Justice Department said Monday as it stepped into a lawsuit over the monitoring.

The statement from the Justice Department comes days after a federal judge refused to bar a group from monitoring the outdoor drop boxes in the suburbs of Phoenix.

Threats, intimidation and coercion are illegal under the federal Voting Rights Act, even if they doesn't succeed, the government's attorneys wrote. While lawful poll watching can support transparency, “ballot security forces” present a significant risk of voter intimidation, the court documents state.

“While the First Amendment protects expressive conduct and peaceable assembly generally, it affords no protection for threats of harm directed at voters,” U.S. government attorneys wrote.

The filing runs counter to a judge's order Friday. U.S. District Court Judge Michael Liburdi found the allegations present “serious questions” but it wasn't clear they were a ”true threat" to specific people or groups and barring them could violate the watchers' freedom of speech.

Liburdi is a Trump appointee and a member of the Federalist Society, a conservative legal organization. The Arizona Alliance for Retired Americans is appealing the order in the swing state with several closely contested races this year............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/feds-concerned-armed-people-arizona-200720417.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Feds concerned about armed people at Arizona ballot boxes
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 04:55:03 pm »
 :03:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 05:01:18 pm »
While citizens certainly have the right to peacefully observe and monitor drop boxes, and likely be armed and in camo (assuming the media isn't lying) per the district court, to me it would be strategically smarter to keep it as low key as possible given our current Stasi DOJ enforcers and their antics.

Not to mention the Pravda media looking for things to whip up their screeching Nazi hysteria. Mostly, I really want to catch some real fraud going on, especially in AZ with all the close races, and whip up a firestorm back on them.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 05:58:04 pm »
Really?  They didn't give a tinker's damn back in 2012 when a couple of armed black panthers stood outside of a polling place in PA:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2022, 06:48:51 pm »
Really?  They didn't give a tinker's damn back in 2012 when a couple of armed black panthers stood outside of a polling place in PA:

:yowsa:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2022, 08:00:05 pm »
A ballistic vest presents a threat to no one. It is a strictly defensive device.

If people are making unseemly puddles over those, they aren't smart enough to vote.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2022, 08:04:55 pm »
A ballistic vest presents a threat to no one. It is a strictly defensive device.

If people are making unseemly puddles over those, they aren't smart enough to vote.

:thumbsup:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2022, 08:07:40 pm »
Camera's everywhere in this world and not one picture of "Armed" watchers.  What is this, Paul Pelosi security equipment?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2022, 04:28:53 am »
Camera's everywhere in this world and not one picture of "Armed" watchers.  What is this, Paul Pelosi security equipment?

If they say it is so....well...how dare you question them ?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2022, 09:55:16 am »
So what are they gonna do? Send Armed Feds? :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2022, 10:37:26 pm »
It's just another way to promote the idea of GOP whackos.

Right now, from what I can tell, there are a lot of butthurt lefties out there who are pissed because they see what is coming their way in three days.

And they are lashing out in very way possible.  Most of it is irrational. 

Polls are now....totally worthless to them....as the polls are telling them to take a deep breath.....

Cause they are going down !