Author Topic: 10 Groceries That Are in Short Supply — or Soon May Be  (Read 2067 times)

Offline libertybele

10 Groceries That Are in Short Supply — or Soon May Be
« on: November 01, 2022, 03:56:18 pm »
10 Groceries That Are in Short Supply — or Soon May Be
Following is a list of the latest grocery items that suddenly are vanishing, or soon will be.

1. Butter

2. Potatoes

3. Olive oil

4. Beer

5. Spaghetti sauce

6. Turkey

7. Rice

8. Hard red winter wheat

9. Amoxicillin

10. Baby formula

https://www.moneytalksnews.com/simple-steps-for-a-more-comfortable-retirement/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

Re: 10 Groceries That Are in Short Supply — or Soon May Be
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 04:16:19 pm »
And Rooster Sauce. I have been trying to get at it for at least two months now... I have NONE. Obviously I need to make room on the shelf next time it comes around.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 04:53:25 pm »
And Rooster Sauce. I have been trying to get at it for at least two months now... I have NONE. Obviously I need to make room on the shelf next time it comes around.
Now dangit when a drought in Mexico makes chili peppers unobtanium...well that's just going too damn far!!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 04:57:35 pm »
I went shopping this past Saturday thinking supplies would be adequate as a lot of those who work shop on Saturday.  I encountered some bare shelves and the brand of butter that I normally buy wasn't available.  Potatoes were in stock but only a couple of types.  Idahoes were in short supply, only white potatoes where plentiful.

I'm going out again to stock up some of the items on the list. 

This is concerning and I know darn well that Joe's policies are to blame!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2022, 04:58:35 pm »
Now dangit when a drought in Mexico makes chili peppers unobtanium...well that's just going too damn far!!

I know, right? It's getting grim. Heck I can't even find Franks sometimes. I thought I was out of that too, but I found another bottle on the shelf. None in the store but the little weenie bottles... But rooster sauce is just gone. has been for some months.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2022, 05:03:40 pm »

I've taken to growing my own, and now have learned to make some excellent hot pepper sauce with them.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 05:06:46 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2022, 05:03:47 pm »
These shortages are just "Transitory"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2022, 05:05:57 pm »

My loved NM Hatch Peppers were over $2/lb. this season.  Plus the supply was pretty lean at HEB.

Not sure how much was weather or supply chain related.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2022, 05:25:19 pm »
I know, right? It's getting grim. Heck I can't even find Franks sometimes. I thought I was out of that too, but I found another bottle on the shelf. None in the store but the little weenie bottles... But rooster sauce is just gone. has been for some months.
There is a big company located not too far away in Irwindale, CA called Huy Fong Foods. I'm not sure but I think all they produce is Sirachi sauce.
Huy Fong's sriracha sauce Vietnamese: Tương Ớt Sriracha), also referred to as sriracha or rooster sauce for the rooster on its label,

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2022, 06:17:32 pm »
There is a big company located not too far away in Irwindale, CA called Huy Fong Foods. I'm not sure but I think all they produce is Sirachi sauce.
Huy Fong's sriracha sauce Vietnamese: Tương Ớt Sriracha), also referred to as sriracha or rooster sauce for the rooster on its label,

YUP. I think that's the stuff... big red squeeze bottle with a green cap and a big ol rooster on it.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2022, 06:55:41 pm »
Kinda rare for things to "vanish". More likely things like beer and others will suddenly become super expensive.
And yes, this is all being done intentionally and with a purpose. Americans simply must learn to be content with less.
The motto of the American Left has been, "America has to live more like the rest of the world!" <- and they are doing it with glee
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline berdie

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2022, 07:02:45 pm »
My loved NM Hatch Peppers were over $2/lb. this season.  Plus the supply was pretty lean at HEB.

I noticed that as well. And they weren't nearly as pretty as in the past. I roasted and froze as much as I had room for.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2022, 07:10:54 pm »

Have you thought to save the seeds and try to grow em? Shoot, even under grow lights in the basement, you could have a ton of em in a few months.

Offline berdie

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2022, 07:51:04 pm »
Have you thought to save the seeds and try to grow em? Shoot, even under grow lights in the basement, you could have a ton of em in a few months.

Not a question directed to me, but these peppers come from New Mexico, grown in super duper NM soil with their climate. They only come off once a year. Could be why they are special. :shrug: Sort of like Vidalia onions. I bought sets one year...just not the same.

Maybe @catfish1957 will have a different point of view.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2022, 08:03:42 pm »
Eggs are another one.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2022, 08:11:52 pm »

Not a question directed to me, but these peppers come from New Mexico, grown in super duper NM soil with their climate. They only come off once a year. Could be why they are special. :shrug: Sort of like Vidalia onions. I bought sets one year...just not the same.

Maybe @catfish1957 will have a different point of view.

:shrug:

S'alright... Just wondered... My first reflex is to roll my own...  happy77

Offline rustynail

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2022, 06:48:24 pm »
DISCONTINUED PRODUCTS
Products included on the list below are no longer available from our distribution centers, and cannot be purchased directly from McCormick. While the decision to stop manufacturing a product is always a difficult one, McCormick is committed to offering quality products that meet the ever-changing needs of our consumers.

https://www.mccormick.com/discontinued

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2022, 07:15:32 pm »
DISCONTINUED PRODUCTS
Products included on the list below are no longer available from our distribution centers, and cannot be purchased directly from McCormick. While the decision to stop manufacturing a product is always a difficult one, McCormick is committed to offering quality products that meet the ever-changing needs of our consumers.

https://www.mccormick.com/discontinued

It looks like many of these products were discontinued awhile ago.  When its' gone it's gone.

I haven't been able to find Classico Alfredo Sauce Reserve since the pandemic first started.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2022, 07:23:54 pm »
It looks like many of these products were discontinued awhile ago.  When its' gone it's gone.

I haven't been able to find Classico Alfredo Sauce Reserve since the pandemic first started.

Wife came in from shopping and mentioned the spice racks at the food co-opt and Krogers were becoming depleted.   

Especially the lower priced spices.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2022, 08:26:23 pm »

Find a good Farmer's Market and buy spices.  I still have some that I bought over 10 years ago. I don't know what the shelf life is, but they put them in small paper bags and I got a load of spices for relatively cheap.  No McCormicks needed.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2022, 08:48:16 pm »
Find a good Farmer's Market and buy spices.  I still have some that I bought over 10 years ago. I don't know what the shelf life is, but they put them in small paper bags and I got a load of spices for relatively cheap.  No McCormicks needed.

That is a good place, especially if they know what they're doing. Often cheaper too, and can be dried to use all winter if need be.

I have whole dried spices from Frontier coop that are in mylar bags and almost 20 years old and as good as the day they were bought.

And you can grow your own, pots or garden, from seed or buy plants. Takes very little space to harvest a good quantity.

In any of the choices, the quality is way better.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2022, 08:54:35 pm »
 :bkmk:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2022, 02:29:27 am »
I'm happy to say I don't use anything of the McCormick discontinued list!  Last week I was thrilled that my store brought back Tiger Sauce in the large bottle, which is my favorite accompaniment for steak!