Author Topic: Allow children to learn about the Arctic without terrifying them with fantasies of climate catastrop  (Read 362 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Allow children to learn about the Arctic without terrifying them with fantasies of climate catastrophe

Posted on October 31, 2022 | Comments Offon Allow children to learn about the Arctic without terrifying them with fantasies of climate catastrophe

This is a reminder that I have written three Arctic animal picture books, a polar bear ecology reference book, an Arctic ecology teaching guide (free) & a polar bear attack thriller suitable for teens, all of which let kids be kids.

In contrast to a book reviewer at the New York Times (30 October 2020), see image above:

Two new picture books and a novel for young readers place children at the center of climate calamity. Fittingly, they are stories of homes under threat; home, after all, is the thing climate change stalks, be it a house, a community or a livable planet. Each book offers its own lessons on how to cope with life under the monster we’ve created. The novel even shows how kids can help slay it.

No child needs this. Children need to be allowed to learn without being used as pawns in an adult political battle. Activist authors suggesting that climate change is a predator waiting to ‘stalk’ children’s homes and communities through floods and wildfires is reprehensible, not only because it isn’t true. Kids don’t need a ‘mini-primer on climate change’. Adults should fight their own battles and leave the kids alone. List of my books and links below and in the sidebar.

https://polarbearscience.com/2022/10/31/allow-children-to-learn-about-the-arctic-without-terrifying-them-with-fantasies-of-climate-catastrophe/
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 02:52:45 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Children need to be allowed to learn without being used as pawns in an adult political battle....Adults should fight their own battles and leave the kids alone.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

ManBearPig is Climate Change's Godzilla ...

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This is simply a matter of states having the will to end academic freedom from K-12 and making teachers teach the curriculum, and making it illegal for unions or any teacher associations to have any influence, or even allow them to bargain for it.
The Republic is lost.