Author Topic: ‘Creepy’ NYC teacher Gabriel Mitey, who worked at new school under a different name, fired  (Read 406 times)

Offline Kamaji

‘Creepy’ NYC teacher Gabriel Mitey, who worked at new school under a different name, fired

By Susan Edelman
October 31, 2022

The city Department of Education has yanked a special-ed teacher from a Manhattan school after parents and students learned he had a history of inappropriate texting, flirting with teens, and posting a near-naked selfie — under a different name.

Gabriel Mitey, 28, came “highly recommended” to the 6-12 Professional Performing Arts School in Midtown while assuming the name “Gabriel Torres.”

The DOE ousted Mitey on Monday after The Post published a front-page story on the subterfuge.

“As of today, Oct. 31, Mr. Torres is no longer on the PPAS staff, and he will not return to PPAS, nor to any DOE school,” Principal Kevin Ryan said in a note to families, citing “a sizable amount of concern” about the teacher.

The news brought relief to parents.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/10/31/creepy-nyc-teacher-gabriel-mitey-fired-after-using-different-name-at-new-school/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So explain how he was hired to begin with using credentials with a different name, or do school districts not run background checks on potential employees anymore? Even I had to get a lives scan and investigation prior to be allowed on high school campuses to do construction work, of course that was a decade ago.

Offline Kamaji

So explain how he was hired to begin with using credentials with a different name, or do school districts not run background checks on potential employees anymore? Even I had to get a lives scan and investigation prior to be allowed on high school campuses to do construction work, of course that was a decade ago.

Apparently with the active connivance of the NYC Department of Education.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sounds like he was into social media only "second life."  He probably only used his real name in R/T.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: