Author Topic: Why NYC Democrats are supporting Republican Lee Zeldin for governor  (Read 322 times)

Offline Kamaji

Why NYC Democrats are supporting Republican Lee Zeldin for governor

By Dana Kennedy
October 31, 2022

A Democratic candidate for New York state governor cannot be elected without the backing of New York City’s huge number of Democratic voters. But looking around Gotham, you’d be hard-pressed to find a single political sign supporting Gov. Kathy Hochul, the Democratic candidate in next week’s election.

Meanwhile, signs for Republican candidate Lee Zeldin are popping up across the city — even in the Democratic stronghold of Queens.

In fact, when a reporter from The Post knocked on the front doors of the homes where “Zeldin for Governor” signs are displayed, many of the people inside said they consider themselves Democrats — but nonetheless plan to vote Republican on Nov. 8.

“I feel the Democratic Party has left me, I didn’t leave the party,” said Phil Wong, 56, a longtime former Democrat who has planted a Zeldin sign outside the Elmhurst home he shares with his wife, kids and elderly mother. “They left me with all these extreme progressive policies that hurt New York City and hurt Asians.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/10/31/why-nyc-democrats-are-backing-republican-lee-zeldin-for-governor/

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Why NYC Democrats are supporting Republican Lee Zeldin for governor
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 12:25:24 pm »
“I feel the Democratic Party has left me, I didn’t leave the party,” said Phil Wong, 56, a longtime former Democrat who has planted a Zeldin sign outside the Elmhurst home he shares with his wife, kids and elderly mother

I've heard that before. Oh goodness where was that? Hmmm (scratches beard). Could it be....Ronald Reagan's huge victory over Jimmy Carter?
The Republic is lost.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Why NYC Democrats are supporting Republican Lee Zeldin for governor
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 12:47:09 pm »
I've heard that before. Oh goodness where was that? Hmmm (scratches beard). Could it be....Ronald Reagan's huge victory over Jimmy Carter?
The Democrat Party has 'left' everybody, except insane Liberals and billionaires. Mexican, Black, and Muslim voters are all leaning Republican. NOBODY in the world believes in all the transgender pedophilia CRAP Democrats are selling except a small sliver of Americans, mostly rich White Americans.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.