Author Topic: TURNER: Biden Admin Seems To Think The Diesel Crisis Will Magically Fix Itself  (Read 327 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
TURNER: Biden Admin Seems To Think The Diesel Crisis Will Magically Fix Itself

Daniel Turner
Contributor
October 31, 2022 12:49 PM ET

Critics of the previous administration were never shy about lobbing accusations involving “Big Oil.” Donald Trump was their puppet, according to the narrative.

Yet, nearly two years after he left office, the news headlines are dominated by the energy crisis. High costs. Persistent shortages. OPEC muscle flexing. Russian invasions. You would be forgiven for thinking America and the world were doing much better when there was an “American Energy First” proponent in the Oval Office.

The latest warning sign is the diesel shortage. If you think you are immune, you’re mistaken. Exacerbating this major national security and economic crisis is the general cluelessness of the Biden administration. Unaware of its seriousness, ignorant of its root causes, and unwilling to reverse it.

The national economy is a diesel driven economy. A generation ago people bought diesel cars because diesel was cheaper than regular gas, but that has changed. Why? A generation ago goods were made in American factories.

Now, thanks to globalist trade policies which have greatly favored outsourcing and moved factories to other nations, goods are made in Mexico and loaded on diesel trucks and diesel rail cars. Or they are made in China and sent across the Pacific Ocean on diesel tankers, which require hundreds of thousands of gallons.

The need for diesel is a result of our economic policies.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/10/31/opinion-biden-admin-seems-to-think-the-diesel-crisis-will-magically-fix-itself-turner/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

There’s a lot of magical thinking in this White House
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Home heating and transporation compete for diesel / No. 2 home heating oil.

Home heating and electricity generation compete for natural gas.

A cold Winter will be the worst of all worlds.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright