Author Topic: 10 of the Largest Sanctuary Cities in the United States  (Read 175 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
10 of the Largest Sanctuary Cities in the United States
« on: October 31, 2022, 05:34:50 pm »
10 of the Largest Sanctuary Cities in the United States

Although they have existed since the 1970s, the number of cities adopting “sanctuary policies” has risen dramatically over the last few decades. A sanctuary policy can encompass varying measures adopted by a city that to some degree limit participation in federal immigration enforcement efforts and interfere with federal agents’ fulfillment of their duties. These policies can range from prohibiting local police from inquiring about immigration status to refusing to honor requests (detainers) from federal immigration authorities to hold criminal aliens until those officials can assume custody. By refusing to cooperate with the arrest of criminal aliens, or those deemed to be deportable, these jurisdictions not only undermine federal law but potentially endanger the residents whom they are sworn to protect

There are approximately 600 sanctuary jurisdictions of differing sizes across the country. The list below identifies some of the largest sanctuary cities. Each has a population of over 700,000 according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates for 2019.

NEW YORK CITY

https://www.fairus.org/issue/sanctuary-policies/10-largest-sanctuary-cities-united-states
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 05:35:44 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson