Poll

How bad will the Dems get shellacked next week?

We take both w/Super Majority (stoner option)
2 (8%)
House 25+ Senate 3+
13 (52%)
House +10 Senate +2
4 (16%)
House +5 Senate +1
3 (12%)
Lose everything (regardless)
3 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: November 10, 2022, 04:52:50 pm

Author Topic: How bad will the Dems get shellacked next week?  (Read 6838 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: How bad will the Dems get shellacked next week?
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2022, 02:03:25 am »
Well I'm going with the theory that conservatives aren't responding to pollsters and therefore the pollsters have no idea what's truly coming down the pipe.
That if pollsters think it's close, it isn't - at least until proven otherwise...

I don't think we're going to see a red tsunami.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2022, 02:53:26 am »

I do.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2022, 02:59:33 am »
We'll see a red tsunami.  And then six months from now, we'll see Republicans begin making excuses why they are unable to stop the Democrat agenda.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2022, 03:01:43 am »
We'll see a red tsunami.  And then six months from now, we'll see Republicans begin making excuses why they are unable to stop the Democrat agenda.

Exactly. We have seen this play over and over and over again.
Exasperated, the American people decide for a change, overwhelmingly, and then

Nothing.

Happens every time.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2022, 03:02:12 am »
I am with you. There is still the Fraud Factor out there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2022, 03:13:29 am »
Next week we'll know.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2022, 03:13:35 am »

The Republicans would fare exceedingly better if they actually offered an alternative to the Democrats.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2022, 11:01:59 am »
If history is a guide, yes but some in this new crop aren't going to play ball with that crowd. @roamer_1

Agree
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2022, 11:09:55 am »
A 'shellacking" should also include Governors, statehouses, Attorneys General, and school boards.

Remember this when you vote.

Yup

I am really liking this Kari Lake. She’s one to watch while she governs AZ
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2022, 03:43:59 pm »
Yup

I am really liking this Kari Lake. She’s one to watch while she governs AZ

She has a good backup band, too, and they all do rallies as a team.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2022, 04:11:31 pm »
It seems to me that Biden’s little speech last night may have done what Hillary’s deplorable speech did.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline libertybele

« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2022, 04:25:25 pm »
The Republicans would fare exceedingly better if they actually offered an alternative to the Democrats.

Yes absolutely!!  That message has been very weak.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2022, 06:44:38 pm »
Yes absolutely!!  That message has been very weak.

I'm hoping for The Red Wave, simply to show people bold is better than weak.  We may see some heretofore "moderates R's" straighten up their voting records in Congress.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2022, 06:57:41 pm »
I'm hoping for The Red Wave, simply to show people bold is better than weak.  We may see some heretofore "moderates R's" straighten up their voting records in Congress.

That would be an excellent outcome.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2022, 02:45:03 pm »
Best guess ... and to guard against disappointment ... 20 seats in the House, and 1 additional senate seat.  By all rights there should be a large wave, but it has not materialized in the polling.  Aside from the midwest, the recent polling hasn't been lousy enough to discount entirely.  The weather will be unsettled in western states that mainly vote by mail, so maybe that is a nonfactor.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2022, 03:11:19 pm »
We've seen a huge shift in polling trends since summer towards Republicans, but the absolute numbers are still a mystery.

Polling has been way off the last few elections because even at the end it's still so tilted toward the Rats, due to a number of factors, but mostly because those voting GOP don't answer the polls, but show up to vote.

Even then there are extremely ominous signs that the Rats are cratering. Minorities have shifted away from them, the youth vote is not there, the blue collars are long gone, and the biggest of all - white suburban women in the last month have practically herded toward the GOP.

You have to ask yourself - where the heck is the Rat base vote going to come from? What is left to vote for them, and are even those going to show up?

To me that opens the possibility that this election might be something like '94 or better for the GOP, with them getting seats that weren't even on the radar. It's just too hard to guess, but I guarantee one thing - if things are going right, I will be up all night.

The Republic is lost.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2022, 11:26:49 pm »
We've seen a huge shift in polling trends since summer towards Republicans, but the absolute numbers are still a mystery.

Polling has been way off the last few elections because even at the end it's still so tilted toward the Rats, due to a number of factors, but mostly because those voting GOP don't answer the polls, but show up to vote.

Even then there are extremely ominous signs that the Rats are cratering. Minorities have shifted away from them, the youth vote is not there, the blue collars are long gone, and the biggest of all - white suburban women in the last month have practically herded toward the GOP.

You have to ask yourself - where the heck is the Rat base vote going to come from? What is left to vote for them, and are even those going to show up?

To me that opens the possibility that this election might be something like '94 or better for the GOP, with them getting seats that weren't even on the radar. It's just too hard to guess, but I guarantee one thing - if things are going right, I will be up all night.
It appears that you've not taken into account the most important item.....CHEATING.  It's gonna happen, the question is how bad will it be.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2022, 11:29:29 pm »
Best guess ... and to guard against disappointment ... 20 seats in the House, and 1 additional senate seat.  By all rights there should be a large wave, but it has not materialized in the polling.  Aside from the midwest, the recent polling hasn't been lousy enough to discount entirely.  The weather will be unsettled in western states that mainly vote by mail, so maybe that is a nonfactor.
To be totally honest if your outcome occurs, our country is totally lost.  If there isn't a massive wave, God help us.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2022, 12:45:50 am »
It appears that you've not taken into account the most important item.....CHEATING.  It's gonna happen, the question is how bad will it be.

The problem is that only in Governor and Senator races do urban counties have the ability to throw their weight, and a good chunk of those do not have Rats in the state leadership.

As far as the House, Detroit for example can't affect what goes on in Lansing, Ann Arbor, and Kalamazoo, and since it votes Rat anyway, it is of no help.

So yes, they can cheat, but not universally like in a Presidential race.
The Republic is lost.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2022, 02:18:04 pm »
To be totally honest if your outcome occurs, our country is totally lost.  If there isn't a massive wave, God help us.

Yes and I hope it is large enough to serve as a buffer against whatever happens in 2024.  But many contests rest on a knife's edge, and I fear some conservatives are suffering from irrational exuberance.  With JD Vance moving out of the danger zone, a pickup of 2 seats may be a reasonable expectation as of this morning. 

Offline Idiot

« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2022, 02:23:54 pm »
Yes and I hope it is large enough to serve as a buffer against whatever happens in 2024.  But many contests rest on a knife's edge, and I fear some conservatives are suffering from irrational exuberance.  With JD Vance moving out of the danger zone, a pickup of 2 seats may be a reasonable expectation as of this morning.
But a pickup of 2 seats is really not so great.  We still have Mitt Romney, Murkowski and Collins.  They are basically democrats.  It needs to be a pickup of 5...

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2022, 02:24:25 pm »
But a pickup of 2 seats is really not so great.  We still have Mitt Romney, Murkowski and Collins.  They are basically democrats.  It needs to be a pickup of 5...

:thumbsup:

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2022, 02:28:52 pm »
With respect to the “Red Wave” hitting the House elections, here is a reference point from the 2010 midterm election. Going in, the (R)’s held 179 seats. After the wave, they gained 63 seats to push the total to 242. Now, in 2022, the (R)’s hold 212 seats - a full 33 seats above the 2010 baseline.  If the (R)’s gain 30 seats through this cycle, they will match the result of 2010.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2022, 02:31:09 pm »

Five won't matter either. Remember the Gang of Eight?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2022, 02:34:33 pm »
Five won't matter either. Remember the Gang of Eight?

Until we get rid of old smirky, squatty Mitch, we got nothin'.
The Republic is lost.