Poll

How bad will the Dems get shellacked next week?

We take both w/Super Majority (stoner option)
2 (8%)
House 25+ Senate 3+
13 (52%)
House +10 Senate +2
4 (16%)
House +5 Senate +1
3 (12%)
Lose everything (regardless)
3 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: November 10, 2022, 04:52:50 pm

Author Topic: How bad will the Dems get shellacked next week?  (Read 6683 times)

Offline corbe

How bad will the Dems get shellacked next week?
« on: October 31, 2022, 04:52:50 pm »
The 2022 Midterm Elections: What the Historical Data Suggest.

History suggests Democratic loss of control of both House and Senate.

By John T. Woolley

In the 22 midterm elections from 1934 -2018, the President's party has averaged a loss of 28 House seats and four Senate seats. The president’s party gained seats in the House only three times, but gained seats in the Senate on six occasions. The president’s party has gained seats in both houses only twice.

The incumbent president’s ability to launch new major policy initiatives would be greatly weakened under divided government. If the Democrats lose control of either House, the Administration can expect to be the target of numerous disruptive congressional inquiries.

Using the data we discuss below (and provide here) we would expect Democratic seat losses of around 30 in the House and 3 in the Senate. There are large error bounds around these estimates. The prediction range includes the possibility of a narrow Democratic gain in the Senate, but loss of the majority in the House seems likely. Graphs below show the two-variable relationships.

Democrats have a 9 seat margin currently in the House (with four seats vacant) and the parties are tied in the Senate. A Democratic loss in the House of fewer than 12 seats would be very unexpected.

Like many midterm projections, these estimates are based on aggregated data. There is no measure of current national controversies (for example, abortion or Trump-related litigation controversies). Both will affect turnout. Nor do we have any explicit measure of conditions and candidates in specific elections. Turnout is likely to be larger than normal, and usually that would be expected to favor the Democrats.

<..snip..>

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/analyses/the-2022-midterm-elections-what-the-historical-data-suggest

H/T @Lando Lincoln
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: How bad will the Dems get shellacked next week?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 06:48:11 pm »
 :beer:
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 07:12:50 pm »
Senate:  Gain 4
House:   Gain 32
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2022, 07:22:52 pm »
Senate:  Gain 4
House:   Gain 32

That's so close it's scary! It will actually be 33 in the house.

House will be 245 republican (40 in name only) 190 Democrat (aka Communist)

Senate will be 53 republican (5 in name only) 46 democrat one avowed Communist.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 07:25:40 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 07:32:21 pm »
A 'shellacking" should also include Governors, statehouses, Attorneys General, and school boards.

Remember this when you vote.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2022, 07:36:37 pm »
If "it's the economy, stupid" still holds up, Dems should get shellacked worse than anticipated.

The Dems domestic policies have economically harmed a large majority of Americans.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2022, 07:36:41 pm »
A 'shellacking" should also include Governors, statehouses, Attorneys General, and school boards.

You forgot city and County governments.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2022, 07:52:59 pm »
Senate will be 53 republican (5 in name only) 46 democrat one avowed Communist.

Forty-five Democrats and two Communists.  Sanders and King.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2022, 08:11:32 pm »
Republicans will plow the field... and then... nothing.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2022, 08:16:04 pm »
Republicans will plow the field... and then... nothing.

If history is a guide, yes but some in this new crop aren't going to play ball with that crowd. @roamer_1
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 08:18:20 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2022, 08:22:52 pm »
If history is a guide, yes but some in this new crop aren't going to play ball with that crowd. @roamer_1

Even if that is true @Bigun , and Freedom Caucus grows by 25 or 30, it still has a long way to go to have numbers that give it real power inside the GOP... And what, 4 or 5 senators? That won't amount to a row of pins in the RINO GOP senate.

I'll take the win... but still, nothing.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2022, 08:27:27 pm »

Agreed.  Look for lots of action at the State level going forward as R's take more seats.  In Arizona, redistricting has been very good for our side.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2022, 08:29:38 pm »
Even if that is true @Bigun , and Freedom Caucus grows by 25 or 30, it still has a long way to go to have numbers that give it real power inside the GOP... And what, 4 or 5 senators? That won't amount to a row of pins in the RINO GOP senate.

I'll take the win... but still, nothing.

You could be right @roamer_1 but I'm a bit more hopeful today than I was six months ago.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2022, 08:31:51 pm »
Agreed.  Look for lots of action at the State level going forward as R's take more seats.  In Arizona, redistricting has been very good for our side.

And, believe it or not, THAT stuff is much more important than any of this federal cfrap.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2022, 08:42:38 pm »
You could be right @roamer_1 but I'm a bit more hopeful today than I was six months ago.

Hope always springs eternal @Bigun ... metered only by human nature.
Trust, but verify.  :beer:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2022, 08:44:02 pm »

If it were TEA, I would be more optimistic.  :shrug:

Offline berdie

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2022, 09:16:45 pm »
And, believe it or not, THAT stuff is much more important than any of this federal cfrap.

And that is the truth!

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2022, 09:49:52 pm »
Okay, here’s the deal. Last November during Wisconsin’s annual deer hunting season - and in what may have been inspired or induced by bourbon - I made a small wager with my brother that the (R)’s would win back 40 seats. I’m sticking with that.
John Steinbeck

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2022, 10:13:49 pm »
Okay, here’s the deal. Last November during Wisconsin’s annual deer hunting season - and in what may have been inspired or induced by bourbon - I made a small wager with my brother that the (R)’s would win back 40 seats. I’m sticking with that.

In vino, veritas.  One hopes!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2022, 11:14:51 pm »

What was the wager?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2022, 11:22:39 pm »
What was the wager?

Friendly. 20 bucks.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2022, 11:25:29 pm »
My bro is a good guy. You can discuss and disagree and the conversation never becomes disagreeable. He lives his life as a conservative but he votes (D). I can’t explain it.
John Steinbeck

Offline libertybele

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2022, 11:30:37 pm »
Being the optimist that I am ( *****rollingeyes*****), I think that DEMS will hold a majority in the Senate and the GOP will narrowly win a majority in the House.

I'm basing much of that opinion on the DEMS capabilities of stealing elections.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2022, 04:48:09 am »
 :2popcorn:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2022, 10:56:30 am »
My bro is a good guy. You can discuss and disagree and the conversation never becomes disagreeable. He lives his life as a conservative but he votes (D). I can’t explain it.

Have you considered a DNA test?  They may have switched babies at the hospital.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-