Author Topic: Border Incompetence Leaves Over 60,000 Aliens in Limbo, Drawing Fire from All Sides  (Read 150 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Incompetence Leaves Over 60,000 Aliens in Limbo, Drawing Fire from All Sides
October 27, 2022

Michael Capuano
Researcher/Staff Writer
In May, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas stated that the objective of the Biden administration was “safe, orderly… pathways for individuals to be able to access our legal system”, usurping the congressional mandate for a secure border. However, it seems that under current leadership, DHS can’t handle even this watered-down mission. A scathing new report shows that the Biden administration failed to deliver this promised “orderly access” to tens of thousands of illegal aliens it has let into the country. The sheer scale of this failure threatens our already overloaded immigration court system.

At issue are Notices to Appear (NTAs), which are written notices similar to court summons that officials are legally required to give to illegal aliens who cross the U.S. border without authorization and are released. NTAs lay out grounds for inadmissibility against the alien and set up a date and time for them to appear in immigration court. However, if the NTA isn’t filed with that court after the case is scheduled as federal regulations mandate, then the alien’s case will be dismissed when they show up. This also prevents the alien from applying for asylum or other kinds of relief while their case is dismissed, leaving them in an illegal gray area.

https://www.immigrationreform.com/2022/10/27/border-incompetence-leaves-over-60000-aliens-in-limbo-drawing-fire-from-all-sides/
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 04:41:17 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson