Author Topic: The insanity of the UN climate COP’s continues  (Read 199 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The insanity of the UN climate COP’s continues
« on: October 31, 2022, 04:34:15 pm »
 The insanity of the UN climate COP’s continues

By Robert Lyman, Dr. Jay Lehr |
October 31st, 2022|Climate|6 Comments

The 27th conference of the parties to the Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) will take place in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, from November 6 to 18, 2022. COP27, as it will be known, will be attended by about 40,000 people, including representatives of the 196 member countries, a huge media contingent and thousands of environmentalist campaigners.

The agenda for the conference is typical of those for other international organizations in that it will deal with many “housekeeping” items and reports from subgroups that have been meeting in dozens of places since the last conference, COP 26, was held in Glasgow, Scotland. Much of the real business of the conference will take place in the backrooms in which relatively small numbers of senior political advisors and UN secretariat members will argue over the key issues that are really in play.

These do not concern the plans of the countries to reduce greenhouse gas emissions or to set new targets for emissions reductions. They concern money. Lots of it.

In the lead-up to the Glasgow conference, the developing countries declared their expectations for how much the richer countries (mainly in the Group of 20) should contribute annually to support climate mitigation and adaptation in the developing countries. For years, the agreed target was $100 billion per year up to 2025, a target that was never reached. It is estimated that in 2021, the richer countries were actually blackmailed into providing about $75 billion in various forms of bilateral and multilateral climate aid to attack this greatest of all scientific frauds.

https://www.cfact.org/2022/10/31/the-insanity-of-the-un-climate-cops-continues/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-insanity-of-the-un-climate-cops-continues
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: The insanity of the UN climate COP’s continues
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 04:43:38 pm »
Will there be a counts and photos of attendees' private jets so there can be a public accounting of their hypocrisy and duplicity?

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright