Author Topic: Permissible and Impermissible Incendiary Speech? By Victor Davis Hanson  (Read 248 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Permissible and Impermissible Incendiary Speech?
For many on the Left, what most see as incendiary and violent rhetoric is simply contextualized as the necessary
talk of social justice.
By Victor Davis Hanson
October 30, 2022

United States Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) hit the airwaves to connect the recent assault on Paul Pelosi with “fascism” and “white nationalism.” She insists that both are now ubiquitous. And both prompt increasing politically motivated violence. (Ocasio-Cortez remains oblivious to the greatest sustained political violence in our recent history; the 120 days of Black Lives Matter and Antifa-fueled rioting, arson, looting, and mayhem of summer and fall 2020—often cheered on or defended by public officials and social media.)

The deplorable violent attack on Pelosi, husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), has been described as the logical reification of increasing bitter political discourse. Shrill accusations spread even as full details of the attack are still not known. But the general picture of the assailant is one of an unhinged conspiracy freak of all flavors. He seems to have been a lunatic, drug-crazed white supremacist and anti-Semite, a former hemp jeweler, and nudist, who was either homeless or was living in a cluttered hippie-like commune in Berkeley plastered with pride and BLM flags.

Nonetheless, almost immediately the Left has seized on the attack to blame supposed right-wing political rhetoric as the cause.

As we enter the final week before the midterms and likely near-historic Democratic losses in Congress, this effort to manipulate violence in the news for last-minute political advantage will increase—but certainly it is not new.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2022/10/30/permissible-and-impermissible-incendiary-speech/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Permissible and Impermissible Incendiary Speech? By Victor Davis Hanson
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 03:48:24 pm »
This is the devolution of the politics of fear and anger.

Fear and anger are the most primal of human emotions.  Manipulating both is a proven means to put people into action.

As both sides evangelize the narrative that the other side is a threat, danger, and enemy to my existence, people are moved to act out of fear and anger.

The mentally ill are more susceptible to acting upon political dog whistles.  This makes them useful idiots for political extremists.  Because rhetoric prompts a person to act on their own, it offers plausible deniability and avoidance of legal conspiracy.

But political use of psyche-ops is not necessarily reliable and predictable enough to be an organized means to perpetrate mass violent action.  It can be useful to foment disorganized mass violence.  This provides the opportunity for the declaration of emergency and crisis by which an aspiring tyrannt can legally accumulate more power.  Once power is given, it is difficult to take back.

Inertia - Every force is put into action by equal or greater forces.  Things are they way they are because it serves some powerful persons' purpose.  Things happen because an equal or greater force has put them in motion.

America is a tyranny of the unseen - those who hide behind PAC's, SuperPAC's, 501(c)'s, 503(c)'s, and LLC's.  They use media to shape our perception of reality to something useful or favorable to their purposes.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Permissible and Impermissible Incendiary Speech? By Victor Davis Hanson
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 04:19:38 pm »
The only thing I see AOC afraid of is losing her phoneybaloney job.

Maybe one of the NSN fake news outlets would pick her up. She's popular among the stupid.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis