Author Topic: Europeans to freeze to death this winter? Americans next?  (Read 481 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Europeans to freeze to death this winter? Americans next?
« on: October 30, 2022, 01:29:49 pm »
October 30, 2022
Europeans to freeze to death this winter? Americans next?
By Eric Utter

The BBC, a publicly-funded broadcaster implicitly entrusted with disseminating vital messages to the U.K. citizenry during times of national crisis, has allegedly already begun preparing emergency broadcasts designed to reassure the people of Britain should extensive winter blackouts be necessary in the coming months. These potential blackouts would inevitably cause disruptions to the Commonwealth’s banking systems, internet access, mobile phone networks, and traffic lights, among other things. And would, of course, cause significant hardship—or worse—for much of the populace.

Already, various media outlets are speculating about how many Europeans will freeze to death this coming winter. And how tragically ironic that this will, in large part, be because of a misguided attempt to stave off global warming?!

Eschewing fossil fuels and going green may lead to frostbite induced gangrene. Or death. But, to hell with oil and coal, to hell with fracking, say no to nuclear. Moreover, some elites say that the dearth of natural gas from Russia is a great opportunity to jumpstart the switch to renewable energy such as wind and solar power. (And butterfly farts, apparently. Or do those put more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere? I forget.)

And the United States will follow suit, sooner rather than later, unless Democrats are soundly routed in the 2022 and 2024 elections. If that doesn’t happen, and the country “goes green,” the U.S. will have come full circle, from its rag-tag militia freezing at Valley Forge despite (General) Washington’s best efforts, to regular citizens freezing because of Washington (DC)’s policies nearly 250 years later.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/10/europeans_to_freeze_to_death_this_winter_americans_next_.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Europeans to freeze to death this winter? Americans next?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 02:19:40 pm »
Hope everybody is waking up to the fact that there will be no green energy economy. Alternative energy will never provide enough power to support our population and live at our current lifestyle.

This is nothing but a bait and switcharooney to get us to give up our power generation sources for a scheme that will at most leave us at 20% of our current generation levels.

Nancy Pelosi will get her ice cream freezer powered, you will freeze and starve.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 06:17:32 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2022, 02:54:08 pm »
10 Ways to Stop Global Warming

Want to help stop global warming? Here are 10 simple things you can do and how much carbon dioxide you'll save doing them.

Change a light
Replacing one regular light bulb with a compact fluorescent light bulb will save 150 pounds of carbon dioxide a year.

Drive less
Walk, bike, carpool or take mass transit more often. You'll save one pound of carbon dioxide for every mile you don't drive!

Recycle more
You can save 2,400 pounds of carbon dioxide per year by recycling just half of your household waste.

Check your tires
Keeping your tires inflated properly can improve your gas mileage by more than 3 percent. Every gallon of gasoline saved keeps 20 pounds of carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere.

Use less hot water
It takes a lot of energy to heat water. Use less hot water by taking shorter and cooler showers and washing your clothes in cold or warm instead of hot water (more than 500 pounds of carbon dioxide saved per year).

Avoid products with a lot of packaging
You can save 1,200 pounds of carbon dioxide if you reduce your garbage by 10 percent.

Adjust your thermostat
Moving your thermostat down just 2 degrees in winter and up 2 degrees in summer could save about 2,000 pounds of carbon dioxide a year.

Plant a tree
A single tree will absorb one ton of carbon dioxide over its lifetime.

Turn off electronic devices
Simply turning off your television, DVD player, stereo, and computer, when you're not using them, will save you thousands of pounds of carbon dioxide a year.

https://www.northwestern.edu/fm/fm-staff/10-ways-to-stop-global-warming.html

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2022, 05:49:24 pm »
I hope  folks that solely rely upon grid power (be it electric, gas or oil) can take heed - an immediate move to alternative means should be employed.

I can suggest propane as a reasonable and store-able secondary or emergency system, if wood is not a ready source. Propane and a buddy heater can be set up in minutes and requires no chimney.

While propane itself is expensive, it keeps as long as its tank remains intact, and can serve you well for both heat and cooking.

I doubt the grid systems will be shut off entirely... more along the lines of skyrocketing prices and an equivalent to rolling brown or blackouts... Forcing people to reduce heat rather than eliminate it.

An alternative can act as an emergency source or a supplemental source. Government shutting off your heat for say, four hours at a time (a trick they have already been testing) that supplemental source could provide a whole lot of comfort.

Of course if you can get set up for wood, which is pretty available across the north, and especially if you can go get it yourself, is the most store-able and usually the cheapest source, even as a primary source. Coal is cheaper still, though the stove and installation for it is more expensive.

Two is one, one is none - In the mountains, multiple sources for everything are desirable, and almost always necessary.

I have both wood and natural gas, and propane to use in a pinch. My shop stove can burn either wood or lump coal. It may not seem natural to city dwellers to maintain multiple sources, but it is simply common sense where I am.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2022, 05:54:43 pm »
 :bkmk:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2022, 07:09:34 pm »
Living in SW FL we have already seen skyrocketing electric bills -- ours has doubled if not more.  We were without electricity for over 2 weeks and our bill was what it used to be at the peak of the summer months last year.

Yes, I fear for what lies ahead -- energy costs are one thing.  Lack of diesel will mean that food and other supplies will not be delivered to the stores.  Also even if diesel is available the inflated price will be passed on to us the consumers.

That's all likely - And the pressure will double down if the Democrats lose power... But then, they would only have till January... If so, expect hell to pay until then... But with a light at the end of the tunnel.

But, as you know so very well, all of it can be offset, at least to a degree... With very simple preparations...

I merely went out many days this summer in the mornings for an hour or two and went fishing... Only a fish or two, but over time that adds up. There are somewhere more than 60 2lb fish in my freezer... maybe 80 or 90... Which means, just in fish I might dang near eat all winter... And now a big muley buck is hanging in the shed... Add to that the chickens, turkeys, grouse and chinks that also reside in my freezer... Add more than the 3 cord I need for the winter, and stores of kerosene for lamps, and it might be a chore, but outside of my cabin burning down, I will stay fat and sassy no matter what Uncle Nanny dreams up.

Everyone can throw a few hundred at canned goods and dry goods and be better for it. And there is still time to set aside a fair amount. And folks should make the moves. Worst case, you don't need the stores and can eat them later.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 07:10:30 pm by roamer_1 »