Author Topic: Musk moves quickly to remodel Twitter  (Read 1105 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Musk moves quickly to remodel Twitter
« on: October 30, 2022, 07:36:47 am »

The Hill
BY REBECCA KLAR
10/29/22

Elon Musk wasted no time beginning to remodel Twitter after closing his deal to acquire the company Thursday night, quickly cutting key staff, doubling down on plans to lift lifelong bans and previewing plans for a council to determine content decisions.

The changes he’s made so far confirmed suspicions critics had about the direction the billionaire space and auto executive, known for being a Twitter troll himself, would take the company in, and are adding fuel to the chorus of critics worried Musk’s reign at Twitter will allow misinformation <-(anything the Liberals do not approve) and hate speech to thrive on the platform.

(more)
https://thehill.com/policy/technology/3709902-musk-moves-quickly-to-remodel-twitter/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online roamer_1

Re: Musk moves quickly to remodel Twitter
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 08:17:57 am »
You know, I have nothing at all to do with the Twitterpated... And almost as little to do with Elon Musk... But I must admit...

The schadenfreude is so thick and creamy it's like pudding cut with a spoon... And not a single monstrous bite... but many. And you can't help going back for more...

And I finally find myself giggling in the middle of  the day - Sometimes just a chuckle and sometimes giggling fits... But always coming from the thought of that pompous ass holding all of the twitterverse by its literal short hairs.

I have no dog in this hunt. But I can sit on my mountain and laugh and laugh.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2022, 08:55:12 am »
You know, I have nothing at all to do with the Twitterpated... And almost as little to do with Elon Musk... But I must admit...

The schadenfreude is so thick and creamy it's like pudding cut with a spoon... And not a single monstrous bite... but many. And you can't help going back for more...

And I finally find myself giggling in the middle of  the day - Sometimes just a chuckle and sometimes giggling fits... But always coming from the thought of that pompous ass holding all of the twitterverse by its literal short hairs.

I have no dog in this hunt. But I can sit on my mountain and laugh and laugh.
That's true. Musk saw it for what it was. Musk taking Twitter has nothing to do with a 'business deal'. Musk knows this. Musk taking Twitter is a REVOLUTION against the whole 'woke' theme. It is shoving Liberal assholes noses into their own assholes. And they are losing their mind.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2022, 10:58:36 am »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2022, 01:58:13 pm »
Musk taking Twitter is a REVOLUTION against the whole 'woke' theme.

Exactly. Twitter is an info nexus, everything there travels well beyond it's digital borders, or 'viral' as the youngins call it, to preach or jackboot their woke message down everyone's throat.

I don't even think the woke zealots yet realize how much this is going to gut their cause. It's really a master stroke by Musk.

And as a side note - as much as I hate the woke, it's driven alot of people to the conservative side, including Musk himself, leading to the buyout, so that's a bit of a silver lining.

Nothing more delicious than libs stabbing themselves in the eye.

The Republic is lost.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2022, 03:56:57 pm »
Although I am technically a member of Twitter, I've never posted anything. I only joined to look at basketball videos which I mostly never watch anymore.
I have absolutely no interest in making spur of the moment comments pertaining to recent events or what some oddball said.
However, I have no objections to others making hasty, spur of the moment comments which they might regret one second after they posted it.
But if Twitter permanently disappeared from the world tomorrow, I would probably applaud.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2022, 04:20:15 pm »

...Musk taking Twitter has nothing to do with a 'business deal'. Musk knows this.
...Musk taking Twitter is a REVOLUTION against the whole 'woke' theme...

Like it or not, TWITTER has been accepted as the 'Nation's Pulse'/Opinion...in real time!

Issue was, Musk knew that in addition to censoring/silencing accounts this "real time" sample was a fraud.

Rush Limbaugh proved it years ago, that a dozen people can become ten thousand instantly, with bio-bullshit 'robots'...right down to the passport photo.

They can kill a business...Chick-fil-A excepted.

So..right now, Musk can

1) Immediately zap the robot accounts.
2) Enforce his own set of acceptable standards on the site
3) Welcome back all banned/suspended accounts.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It's a start!  happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2022, 06:14:31 pm »
Chuck Callesto
@ChuckCallesto

BREAKING REPORT: Elon Musk becomes the SOLE DIRECTOR OF TWITTER – Dissolves the board of directors – 'Plans to fire 25%' of staff..

1:04 PM · Oct 31, 2022  ·Twitter Web App

Offline Idiot

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2022, 12:37:55 am »
Chuck Callesto
@ChuckCallesto

BREAKING REPORT: Elon Musk becomes the SOLE DIRECTOR OF TWITTER – Dissolves the board of directors – 'Plans to fire 25%' of staff..

1:04 PM · Oct 31, 2022  ·Twitter Web App
He..he...he...he....   gotta love it.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2022, 12:52:28 am »
Elon Musk on the biggest issue facing Twitter right now

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2022, 02:44:08 am »
Musk taking Twitter has nothing to do with a 'business deal'. Musk knows this.
Musk taking Twitter is a REVOLUTION against the whole 'woke' theme.
It is shoving Liberal assholes noses into their own assholes. And they are losing their mind.

One of the best benefits of Musk owning Twitter is
he now owns all of their internal emails,
where they openly discussed all of their evil agenda!

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2022, 07:00:49 am »
The plot thickens ...