Author Topic: Elon Musk Told by London’s Sadiq Khan, EU Chief to Censor ‘Digital Hate’ on Twitter  (Read 764 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Breitbart by Kurt Zindulka 29 Oct 2022

Elon Musk has been told that Twitter must conform to a more censorious vision of the internet and continue to combat “digital hate” by London mayor Sadiq Khan and EU Commissioner Thierry Breton.

Following the Tesla billionaire’s official acquisition of social media giant Twitter this week, figures in Europe have already begun demanding that Elon Musk adheres to their anti-free speech agenda.

Mayor Sadiq Khan, who during his tenure in office has spearheaded efforts to criminalise more speech in the British capital rather than spending his time dealing with the actual violent crime plaguing the city, demanded that Mr Musk continue the Silicon Valley social media site’s policy of combatting “digital hate”.

Khan said that while Twitter offers many benefits to society, Musk should be cognisant that the “growing dangers of digitally-instigated violent extremism, racism, xenophobia, misogyny and misinformation are very real, and pose an existential threat to our democracy.”

More: https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/10/29/elon-musk-told-by-londons-sadiq-khan-eu-chief-to-censor-digital-hate-on-twitter/

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
FJB, and FSK, too!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online LMAO

I’m beginning to hate the phrase,”threat to democracy.”

I guess the left calling all those who disagree with their agenda “racist” or “white Supremists” has worn out
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
London's Muzzie Mayor can pound sand up his camels ass.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdinVA

I hate digits...

Online Right_in_Virginia

Why is our star still hitched to Europe's wagon?

Online goatprairie

If I were Musk, I might send the mayor a "digital" message....he might get a picture of the upturned middle digit of my right hand.

Offline Kamaji

If I were Musk, I might send the mayor a "digital" message....he might get a picture of the upturned middle digit of my right hand.

:thumbsup:

Online unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
The first thing that would happen in a serious, honest move
to combat hate speech and disinformation
would be to ban  Sadiq Khan  and  Thierry Breton!

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao