Author Topic: Border Patrol Keeps Finding the Fentanyl that Supposedly Only Comes Through the Ports  (Read 188 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Border Patrol Keeps Finding the Fentanyl that Supposedly Only Comes Through the Ports
Something funny is going on; maybe Joe Biden should review his 15-year-old border claims

By Andrew R. Arthur on October 28, 2022

CBP Media Releases can be informative and entertaining. Like the fact that “certain agricultural items” used in Día de los Muertos celebrations (primarily “greenery and citrus used in the construction of remembrance altars”) can’t be brought into the United States, or the story of the miniature pet pig who “Went Wee Wee Wee All the Way Home” after its owner was stopped from bringing it in at Otay Mesa, Calif. Or the fact that Border Patrol agents are seizing increasing amounts of fentanyl, a uniquely dangerous drug, the “vast majority” of which supposedly only comes through the ports.

Fentanyl. In November, CDC reported that drug overdose deaths in the United States were up 28.5 percent in the 12-month period ending April 2021, to over 100,000.

About 75,000 of those deaths were attributable to opioids, with fentanyl — a synthetic opioid — leading the way. That’s because fentanyl is uniquely deadly — up to 50 times more potent than heroin and 100 times more potent than morphine.

According to the DEA, most of the illicit fentanyl in the U.S. drug market is “manufactured in foreign clandestine labs and smuggled into the United States through Mexico”. Which begs the question of how it gets over the border.

https://cis.org/Arthur/Border-Patrol-Keeps-Finding-Fentanyl-Supposedly-Only-Comes-Through-Ports
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 05:38:33 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson