Author Topic: The green lust for Germany's downfall: dying in cleanliness  (Read 165 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The green lust for Germany's downfall: dying in cleanliness
« on: October 28, 2022, 01:55:11 pm »
The green lust for Germany's downfall: dying in cleanliness
October 16, 2022 from Cold Sun

Jan Fleischhauer titles his column in Focus like this. It's about the dogmatic adherence to wind power and the expansion goals.

Even the current plans are completely unrealistic. The "FAZ" editor Morten Freidel recently took the trouble to do the math. To achieve its goals, the government would have to build four large wind turbines or eight small wind turbines every day for the next ten years. Even if one were to dispense with all approval procedures from one day to the next: there is neither the material nor the fitters for this - not to mention the costs.

And in 2045, when everything is over, because Germany is finally climate-neutral, as the supporters hope, it would start all over again. Even a wind turbine doesn't last forever. After 20 years it must be replaced. Which means that a significant part of the economy would be constantly busy providing the wind to keep the country going.

The contrasts could hardly be greater at the moment anyway. The Greens meet for a party conference and outsiders can get the impression that laws are no longer made in parliament but at such events. A strange understanding of democracy: Because we (the Greens) decided it that way today, it will be implemented that way. In truth, it is probably more about saving the life's work of ice cream cone man Jürgen Trittin at least through the party congress. Everything else is decided in the coalition. On the other hand, the federal states are cautiously approaching the municipalities and suggesting that they please think about warm rooms and blackouts. Only recently it was said in a statement from the Ministry of Economics that everything was fine, as reported by the Munich Merkur.

https://kaltesonne-de.translate.goog/die-gruene-lust-am-deutschen-untergang-in-sauberkeit-sterben/?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson