Author Topic: Rare La Niña Series: How the Climate Phenomenon Affects Our Winter  (Read 159 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Rare La Niña Series: How the Climate Phenomenon Affects Our Winter
October 27, 2022 from Cold Sun

Weather.com explains the extraordinary development as this year marks the third consecutive year of a La Niña situation. It cools down on the Pacific Ocean off South America, affecting other parts of the world. This includes the increased rainfall in Australia, as it has just happened.

“Our winter is influenced by two main factors. One is La Niña and the other is the polar vortex. And then there are interactions, which doesn't make it any easier.

In La Nina years, there is a high probability of a strong high over northern Russia that can extend into Scandinavia. At the same time, there is increased low-pressure activity over the Iberian Peninsula – i.e. over Spain and Portugal.

It is therefore rather mild and relatively dry in Eastern Europe. In southwestern Europe, on the other hand, it is then relatively cool and wet. At least that's the weather pattern that can be expected in an undisturbed La Niña."

https://kaltesonne-de.translate.goog/seltene-la-nina-serie-wie-das-klimaphaenomen-unseren-winter-beeinflusst/?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en#more-71144
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson