Author Topic: Yellen: ‘Don’t See Signs of a Recession’ — We Aren’t Getting ‘Credit for Problems that Don’t Exist’  (Read 368 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 :pondering:

Yellen: ‘Don’t See Signs of a Recession’ — We Aren’t Getting ‘Credit for Problems that Don’t Exist’ Because of our Policies

Ian Hanchett 27 Oct 2022

During portions of an interview with CNN aired on Thursday’s broadcast of “OutFront,” Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen stated that she doesn’t see indications of a recession in the American economy right now, the Biden administration isn’t getting credit for economic problems avoided by its actions, and people should be patient as they wait for the results of the Biden administration’s policies.

Yellen stated, “I don’t see signs of a recession in this economy at this point.” And “We have unemployment at a 50-year low. There are two job vacancies for every American who is looking for work. We have solid household finances, business finances, banks that are well-capitalized, and we’ve been creating, [on] average, 300,000 jobs a month.”

She also said that over the medium term, “we have [a] historic investment in the strength of our economy, the passage of three very important bills.”

Yellen also argued that due to a rapid economic recovery, there are “problems we don’t have because of what the Biden administration has done. So, often one doesn’t get credit for problems that don’t exist.”

In another part of the interview, CNN Senior White House Correspondent Phil Mattingly asked, “Is the kind of message at this point, to some degree, we’ve done the work. Be patient. It’s coming?”

Yellen responded, “Yes. But we’re beginning to see repaired bridges come online, not in every community. Pretty soon, many communities are going to see roads improve, bridges repaired that have been falling apart. We’re seeing money flow into research and development, which is really an important source of long-term strength to the American economy. And America’s strength is going to increase and we’re going to become a more competitive economy.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/10/27/yellen-dont-see-signs-of-a-recession-we-arent-getting-credit-for-problems-that-dont-exist-because-of-our-policies/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline LMAO

This is the same woman who didn’t “see” any signs of inflation, either
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This is the same woman who didn’t “see” any signs of inflation, either

Exactly. And apparently dumping a bunch of money into the economy is actually economic growth, even if it hasn't happened. But it's gonna happen. Oh yeah, it's gonna.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She has confused "Credit" with blame once again.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yellen is in DIRE need of an eye exam!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well of course you don't see signs of a recession, you changed the long standing definition of what a recession is. I'm pretty damn sure you don't see any signs of reality either so maybe it's time to put down the pipe?