Author Topic: Biden: ‘Main Driver of Food Prices’ Is Packaged Goods, So People Will Buy Cheaper Raisin Bran  (Read 1213 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden: ‘Main Driver of Food Prices’ Is Packaged Goods, So People Will Buy Cheaper Raisin Bran

Ian Hanchett 28 Oct 2022

During an interview with Nexstar Washington Correspondent Reshad Hudson aired on Thursday’s edition of NewsNation’s “Rush Hour,” President Joe Biden stated that his administration is bringing food prices down and that “the main driver of food prices” isn’t the elevated price of things like beef or eggs, it’s in packaged goods, so you will “see people not buying Kellogg’s Raisin Bran, you’re going to see them buying other Raisin Bran, which is going to be a dollar cheaper.”

Biden said his message to people on grocery and gas prices is that “we’re getting them down. I told you I’d bring them down. We’re bringing it down. I come from a family where if gas prices went up or if food prices went up, what happened was there was a conversation at the kitchen table. And we’re doing a whole lot of other things to — and by the way, the food prices, the main driver of food prices is not the price of beef and eggs, etc. although, they’re up. It’s packaged goods, packaged goods. You’re going to see people not buying Kellogg’s Raisin Bran, you’re going to see them buying other Raisin Bran, which is going to be a dollar cheaper.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/10/28/biden-main-driver-of-food-prices-is-packaged-goods-so-people-will-buy-cheaper-raisin-bran/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Online mountaineer

It couldn't possibly be the cost of transporting goods from manufacturer to market.  :shrug:
He keeps claiming he's lowered fuel prices, but only slightly compared to a few months ago. We're still around $1.40 higher than when he took office, and now I hear we're about to run out of diesel? Thanks for nuttin', Joe.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 01:20:08 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Raisin bran?  I think he meant Corn Pops. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

Folks, we’re just gonna have to suffer through these people for a while longer. Congress will have some control but as long as these people occupy the White House, I’m not anticipating things getting better with this type of economic thinking dominating the executive branch
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

I just saw a can of Crisco at Kroger for nearly $11. WTH. Thanks, Joe.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Just bought my standard BOUNTY paper towels and CHARMIN at Costco... $55 for what was $40 a couple months ago.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

Dry cat food is up 35%-40% at BJ’s. What’s a consumer to do?  I feed several cats in a colony at my park and they gotta eat every day and they won’t take any excuses from me.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 04:41:11 pm by aligncare »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It couldn't possibly be the cost of transporting goods from manufacturer to market.  :shrug:
He keeps claiming he's lowered fuel prices, but only slightly compared to a few months ago. We're still around $1.40 higher than when he took office, and now I hear we're about to run out of diesel? Thanks for nuttin', Joe.
That is a biggie, but fuel and utility costs have soared for producers, processors, and warehouses as well. Every step along the way, that higher cost of energy inserts itself into the equation, and that goes back to Biden, 100%.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That is a biggie, but fuel and utility costs have soared for producers, processors, and warehouses as well. Every step along the way, that higher cost of energy inserts itself into the equation,...

Same story for taxes as well as ALL the costs of complying with them.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

I just saw a can of Crisco at Kroger for nearly $11. WTH. Thanks, Joe.

Check out the price of mayonnaise next time.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

You’re going to see people not buying Kellogg’s Raisin Bran, you’re going to see them buying other Raisin Bran, which is going to be a dollar cheaper.”

They teach this in Econ 101.  The demand for inferior goods increases when the economy suffers.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

Folks, we’re just gonna have to suffer through these people for a while longer. Congress will have some control but as long as these people occupy the White House, I’m not anticipating things getting better with this type of economic thinking dominating the executive branch

Put up with these people? Our elected officials on both sides of the aisle are guilty of not giving a darn about this country and are only interested in retaining the power they have in their political offices.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Check out the price of mayonnaise next time.
I have, and the jars are smaller...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"MSNBC host OBLITERATES White House advisor LIVE on-air for saying Biden is helping Americans with EPIC thug life moment:“They're not buying it.”"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1586052035090210816

'Tucker Carlson's Monologue On Upcoming Diesel Crisis

"Everything will stop. That means trucks & trains & barges all unable to move. Farm equipment will shut down. There will be no deliveries because there will be no trucks...& then, inevitably, our economy will crash"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1585996053907705856

@mountaineer

Offline libertybele

Be as prepared as you can for the inevitable coming "crash" or "jihad".

God help us all.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 01:14:05 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Dry cat food is up 35%-40% at BJ’s. What’s a consumer to do?  I feed several cats in a colony at my park and they gotta eat every day and they won’t take any excuses from me.
At least I can find dry cat food albeit at higher prices, canned cat food is almost unobtanium even at .40 cents more. Our cat is getting older and doesn't eat much canned food but after 14 years she is used to it.

Offline Hoodat

Is there a Chinese restaurant nearby?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Raisin bran?  I think he meant Corn Pops.

@Wingnut

Not a chance!

Corn Pops thinks Slow Joe bees a bad mofo,and is skeered of him.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

Less than 25 days and we will start to see our economy come to a screeching halt. The U.S. goes and so does the rest of the free world.  The ME and Putin will be sitting pretty.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@aligncare

I know,I am currently feeding maybe 30 abandoned cats in the woods behind a grocery store,and damned if someone didn't just drop off a couple more pregnant females. Having to buy two 20 lb bags a week to have enough.

Have 4 of the new kittens tame enough now I can pet them while they eat,and will be catching them soon to take to the vet for spaying,neutering,and have them put up for adoption.

It just seems to continue to be a never-ended cycle,though. There are two new adult cats that have only been there for a couple of weeks,and both of them are pregnant.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 01:30:27 am by sneakypete »

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
'Tucker Carlson's Monologue On Upcoming Diesel Crisis

"Everything will stop. That means trucks & trains & barges all unable to move. Farm equipment will shut down. There will be no deliveries because there will be no trucks...& then, inevitably, our economy will crash"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1585996053907705856

@mountaineer

@Right_in_Virginia

And when that happens,it will be "Mission Accomplished!" and the International left will be celebrating the destruction of America and individual freedoms all over the world.

Of course,THEY won't be affected because they will be "the bosses of thee and me",and bosses never suffer from shortages.

Shortages are only a concern of the "little people". The peons.

@Right_in_Virginia

And when that happens,it will be "Mission Accomplished!" and the International left will be celebrating the destruction of America and individual freedoms all over the world.

Of course,THEY won't be affected because they will be "the bosses of thee and me",and bosses never suffer from shortages.

Shortages are only a concern of the "little people". The peons.

Good summary of the global reset that's underway @sneakypete