Author Topic: Husband of US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi violently assaulted after break-in at their home  (Read 27964 times)

Offline andy58-in-nh

Never let a crisis go to waste.  It's October.  Are you Surprised?

No. Especially when there are so many right-wing MAGA people in Berkeley just waiting to attack on Trump's orders...  :silly:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline rustynail

I don't get that part either...seems Paulie was attacked with the hammer after police arrived according to what's being reported...I am sure this has to be wrong...

And the assailant was in his underwear..

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Never let a crisis go to waste.  It's October.  Are you Surprised?

No. Especially when there are so many right-wing MAGA people in Berkeley just waiting to attack on Trump's orders...  :silly:

Incredible ain't it! 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rustynail

NBC Bay Area has changed their story to say Paul Pelosi had surgery on his head, not brain surgery...

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Greg Price
@greg_price11
·
13m
So a guy in his underwear, who was once involved in a nudist wedding, broke into Pelosi's house with a hammer, police arrived after being called on a "well-being check" at 2 am, walked in to find them struggling over the hammer, watched him assault Paul Pelosi, and arrested him.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Reports I've heard suggested that it was Paul Pelosi who was initially holding the hammer...it wasn't Depape.

Also, initial reports said "law enforcement cannot confirm" the assailant calling out or asking, "Where's Nancy...?"

Thirdly, it's Friday afternoon.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Greg Price
@greg_price11
·
13m
So a guy in his underwear, who was once involved in a nudist wedding, broke into Pelosi's house with a hammer, police arrived after being called on a "well-being check" at 2 am, walked in to find them struggling over the hammer, watched him assault Paul Pelosi, and arrested him.

If Paul uses a hammer as well as he drives the wounds could be self inflicted.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bonchie
@bonchieredstate
·
1h
So the police were called for a well-being check. The fight over the hammer broke out after they got there. And the assailant was arrested in his underwear.

I’m sorry, it’s up to the authorities to be fully transparent here. You can’t blame people for looking at that sideways.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Reports I've heard suggested that it was Paul Pelosi who was initially holding the hammer...it wasn't Depape.

Also, initial reports said "law enforcement cannot confirm" the assailant calling out or asking, "Where's Nancy...?"

Thirdly, it's Friday afternoon.

This story is all over the place..none of it makes sense... 22222frying pan
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

No one deserves to be assaulted. Unlike Nancy Pelosi’s daughter who celebrated my assault, I condemn this attack and wish Mr. Pelosi a speedy recovery. https://t.co/2LxIlbIYQP— Rand Paul (@RandPaul) October 28, 2022

Pelosi has been in the public eye for 50 yrs yet we’re supposed to believe that a week before she’s about to LOSE power her husband is attacked by someone looking for her?

Or maybe…Paul invited this guy into the house for “whatever” while she was away and things went sideways.— John Cardillo (@johncardillo) October 28, 2022

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Millee

Bonchie
@bonchieredstate
·
1h
So the police were called for a well-being check. The fight over the hammer broke out after they got there. And the assailant was arrested in his underwear.

I’m sorry, it’s up to the authorities to be fully transparent here. You can’t blame people for looking at that sideways.

Was the guy in his underwear a special friend of Mr. Pelosi's??   :pop41:

My firm served a lawsuit against Paul Pelosi one time in SF after attempting to serve at other residences—Napa, Georgetown. They weren’t home, but staff were, & multiple law enforcement officers were on the perimeter. Break-in is odd given this level of security.— Harmeet K. Dhillon (@pnjaban) October 28, 2022

Greg Price
@greg_price11

4:31 PM · Oct 28, 2022  ·Twitter Web App

I wonder if there's a recording of Nancy answering this 2 AM phone call   :laugh:

Offline corbe

At least this time he got hammered, he wasn't out driving around with his concubine.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

NBC Bay Area has changed their story to say Paul Pelosi had surgery on his head, not brain surgery...

Does that mean his brain isn't in his head?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

Does that mean his brain isn't in his head?
It's a safe bet.

They're probably calling a couple of stitches "surgery." Darn you, right wing extremist!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 09:47:00 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DB

If only Paul could have had a gun instead of a hammer to defend himself...

Offline libertybele

Was the guy in his underwear a special friend of Mr. Pelosi's??   :pop41:

Well, it does make me wonder?? Also, what were the two of them doing with a hammer that late at night???

What or who prompted a 'wellness check'?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

If only Paul could have had a gun instead of a hammer to defend himself...
I'd bet real money there's at least one handgun in that house. Dems are great hypocrites when it comes to gun ownership.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Yes, that is what makes the most sense here.  I'm thinking that this account someone tweeted earlier is inaccurate:

Terry Moran 🇺🇸
@TerryMoran
BREAKING: The break in at Nancy Pelosi’s house is suspected to be targeted, law enforcement sources tell ABC News. The suspect allegedly entered the house through a sliding glass door, carrying a hammer, and was apparently looking for the House Speaker herself. 1/2

The broken glass is another clue.  I can't tell from the small photo provided earlier.  Is the broken glass spread out outside the door or inside the door?  If it is outside, then it means it was busted from the inside and was not broken as a means of entry.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

I can guess we're gonna get a more stringent 'Hammer Control Law' passed through this lame duck session and McConnell will sign off on it.

Offline Hoodat

I'd bet real money there's at least one handgun in that house. Dems are great hypocrites when it comes to gun ownership.

I'll never forget when Carl Rowan shot a teen trespasser swimming in his pool and then lied about it.  Rowan advocated for a nationwide ban of handguns and that anyone possessing one should go to jail.  Yet he shot a kid with a .22 revolver for sneaking into his pool for a quick dip.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-