Author Topic: Drones, Cruise Missiles Are Rising Threats to US Troops and Territory, Pentagon Says  (Read 156 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Drones, Cruise Missiles Are Rising Threats to US Troops and Territory, Pentagon Says
The Missile Defense Review also calls for building a missile shield to protect Guam.
MARCUS WEISGERBER | OCTOBER 27, 2022 10:25 PM ET
MISSILES DRONES PENTAGON STRATEGY

Drones and cruise missiles increasingly threaten the United States and its allies, the Biden administration said in its new assessment of global missile threats.

Released on Thursday, the Missile Defense Review arrives as kamikaze drones are being increasingly used in the conflict in Ukraine.

Drone “usage will likely expand and continue to pose a threat to U.S. personnel overseas, Allies and partners, and potentially to the U.S. homeland,” the report states.

Missile defense assessments conducted by the Trump administration in 2019 and the Obama administration in 2010 did not single out drones, also called uncrewed aircraft systems.

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2022/10/drones-cruise-missiles-are-rising-threats-us-troops-territory-pentagon-says/379029/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson