Briefing Room Polls (Guests Welcome!) > The Briefingroom Polls

Who will win the 2022 World Series? ⚾️

(1/2) > >>

Gefn:
The World Series begins Friday night at Minute Maid Park in Houston. This is the Astros' fourth pennant in the last six years and the Phillies' first pennant since 2009.

Three votes per person allowed, guests can vote.

massadvj:
As a part-time Pennsylvanian, How can I not root for the Phillies? They seem like a team of destiny.  They barely made it into the playoffs, then got hot at the right time, and now they face a veritable baseball machine in the Astros.  Rooting for the Astros is like watching Star Wars and rooting for Darth Vader.

On the other hand, I am also a part-time Texan. So if the 'Stros win, I will be going home to a winter of contented neighbors. I have decided to stay in PA for the series.  I think it will be more interesting watching it here. 

Gefn:
@massadvj

I went to quite a few Phillies games back in the 70s, with my family. It was an easier drive to Veteran’s Stadium then going to Yankee Stadium or Shea Stadium.

I just can’t figure out what the Phanatic is. Or Gritty. :)

godblessRonaldReagan:

--- Quote from: Gefn on October 28, 2022, 04:34:08 pm ---@massadvj

I went to quite a few Phillies games back in the 70s, with my family. It was an easier drive to Veteran’s Stadium then going to Yankee Stadium or Shea Stadium.

--- End quote ---

What about Blooper, the Braves mascot? What the heck is he supposed to be?

At least my beloved Mets have an easily recognized anthropomorphic baseball for a mascot!

massadvj:

--- Quote from: Gefn on October 28, 2022, 04:34:08 pm ---@massadvj

--- End quote ---

The Phanatic is so ridiculous, he's good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version