Author Topic: Scientist Tells Utah Legislators: Renewables Are A Failed Path  (Read 185 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY TIM FITZPATRICK ON OCT 26, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Scientist Tells Utah Legislators: Renewables Are A Failed Path

A Utah legislative committee this week gave 45 minutes to a scientist who argued that policymakers across the globe are committing a grave mistake by turning to renewable energy.

William Hayden Smith, a professor of earth and planetary sciences at Washington University in St. Louis, wrote a research paper with colleagues in Switzerland and South Africa that claims to calculate the full cost of producing electricity from various sources. [bold, links added]

The paper was published this year in the Journal of Sustainable Development, a Canadian scientific journal.

“Now everyone will say that wind turbines and photovoltaics are cheaper than fossil fuels,” he told legislators. “That’s a stretch.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/scientist-tells-utah-legislators-renewables-are-a-failed-path/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson