Author Topic: To deter Arctic aggression, build the polar fleet we need  (Read 149 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
To deter Arctic aggression, build the polar fleet we need
« on: October 27, 2022, 11:23:50 am »
To deter Arctic aggression, build the polar fleet we need
By Sen. Roger Wicker
 Oct 26, 04:12 PM

Winter is coming early this year in the Arctic. Last month, a Chinese and Russian joint surface action group came within 75 nautical miles of Kiska Island, Alaska. In response, the Coast Guard mobilized a patrol to monitor the ships as they approached American home waters. A year prior, several Chinese warships had entered the U.S. exclusive economic zone off Alaska.

These repeated tests of American resolve so close to our shores should set off alarm bells in Washington. Our two greatest adversaries, China and Russia, are now cooperating on the high seas to challenge our presence in the region.

Chinese and Russian attempts to gain superiority in the Arctic are not new. In 2015, five Chinese vessels marked President Barack Obama’s visit to the Bering Sea with battle drills off the Alaskan coast. Russia has long maintained a strong military presence in the Arctic, even after the end of the Cold War.

https://www.defensenews.com/opinion/commentary/2022/10/26/to-deter-arctic-aggression-build-the-polar-fleet-we-need/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: To deter Arctic aggression, build the polar fleet we need
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022, 11:26:19 am »
And add more gays, lesbians, and trannies to the fleet to toughen it up and to build the diversity numbers! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson