Author Topic: Germany Is Dismantling A Wind Farm To Make Way For A Coal Mine  (Read 445 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Germany Is Dismantling A Wind Farm To Make Way For A Coal Mine
« on: October 26, 2022, 11:10:12 pm »
Oilprice By Michael Kern - Oct 26, 2022

A wind farm is being dismantled in western Germany to make way for an expansion of an open-pit lignite coal mine in a “paradoxical” situation highlighting the current prioritization of energy security over clean energy in Europe’s biggest economy. 

The dismantling of at least one wind turbine at the wind farm close to the German coal mine Garzweiler, operated by energy giant RWE, has already started. RWE says that lignite, or brown coal, has been mined from the Garzweiler coalfields for over 100 years.

RWE also said at the end of September that three of its lignite-fired coal units that were previously on standby would return to the electricity market on schedule in October.

More: https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Germany-Is-Dismantling-A-Wind-Farm-To-Make-Way-For-A-Coal-Mine.html

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Germany Is Dismantling A Wind Farm To Make Way For A Coal Mine
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2022, 01:49:45 am »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2022, 01:53:15 am »
People have been known to chop up the furniture and stuff it in the stove to keep warm.

That coal mine will run rings around the energy output from one windmill.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 04:07:19 am »
This is just the beginning. One Scandinavian country is already trashing their "sun powerplants" and going back to oil and coal.

After all,NOBODY WANTS to freeze to death in the winter while sitting in an unheated car during a blizzard and waiting for a tow truck to show up with with solar-powered generator that might work as soon as the sun comes out.

Theory is one thing,but reality will kick your Biden.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!