Author Topic: U.S. has roughly 25 days of diesel supply left as winter looms  (Read 591 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
U.S. has roughly 25 days of diesel supply left as winter looms
« on: October 26, 2022, 10:10:58 pm »
American Military News by Justin Cooper October 26, 2022

The U.S. has about 25 days of diesel supply left amid soaring demand and the lowest supply since 2008, which some fear will drive inflation and make for soaring fuel prices as winter looms.

Last week, Bloomberg reported that the U.S. had 25 days of diesel supply. That level is “unacceptably low,” and “all options are on the table” to beef it up, National Economic Council Director Brian Deese said.

The fuel is already being rationed in the Northeast, where more people heat their homes with diesel than anywhere else in the country, and stockpiles now stand at a third of their usual level, Bloomberg reported.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/10/u-s-has-roughly-25-days-of-diesel-supply-left-as-winter-looms/

Offline libertybele

Re: U.S. has roughly 25 days of diesel supply left as winter looms
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 10:12:54 pm »
It is going to be a very cold and expensive winter for many.  This shouldn't be. **nononono*
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 10:35:21 pm »
Diesel competes with No. 2 Heating Oil as a distillate.

This is scary news for both transportation and residential home heating.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 10:39:36 pm »
Diesel competes with No. 2 Heating Oil as a distillate.

This is scary news for both transportation and residential home heating.

It will help to continue to drive up the cost of everything.

I hope those he live up north have a stockpile of nice dry seasoned wood and a good woodstove.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 01:46:45 pm »
Many people in my area do burn wood in the Winter to supplement oil, natural gas, and propane heat out of economic necessity.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2022, 01:51:44 pm »
Many people in my area do burn wood in the Winter to supplement oil, natural gas, and propane heat out of economic necessity.

I can only imagine what things are going to look like in a couple of months economically and this situation may wake some people up.  I don't think it's going to matter one bit whether or not the GOP is successful in taking the House.  They may be able to slow down the economic destruction a bit, but we are well underway to economic disaster.