Author Topic: Ahead of holiday season, experts eye another COVID winter  (Read 307 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ahead of holiday season, experts eye another COVID winter
« on: October 26, 2022, 01:12:22 pm »
 Ahead of holiday season, experts eye another COVID winter
by Joseph Choi - 10/26/22 6:00 AM ET

Falling coronavirus case levels and the absence of major restrictions might lead many to assume that this holiday season could be the first “normal” one seen since the start of the pandemic, but experts and stakeholders foresee another COVID-19 winter as the specter of the pandemic refuses to dissipate.

National COVID-19 cases have held at low levels since a July peak fueled by the BA.5 omicron subvariant, with the weekly number of cases currently standing at about 261,000. Hospitalizations and deaths have similarly continued to trend downwards.

Cases could, however, rise again as temperatures drop, vaccination rates stagnate and countries across the Atlantic experience a surge of their own, which has routinely foretold what will happen in the U.S.

“I wish I had a crystal ball,” Lin Chen, director of the Mount Auburn Travel Medicine Center and an associate professor at Harvard Medical School, told The Hill.

“In the U.S., our cases have been declining overall, but then there are areas where the virus detection in a wastewater is increasing,” Chen said.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3703859-ahead-of-holiday-season-experts-eye-another-covid-winter/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Ahead of holiday season, experts eye another COVID winter
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 01:15:17 pm »
Oh dearie me!  We're getting the Fall flu in the Fall!  Where are my pearls??!

The end is nigh!

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Re: Ahead of holiday season, experts eye another COVID winter
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 01:32:25 pm »

Cases could, however, rise again as temperatures drop, vaccination rates stagnate and countries across the Atlantic experience a surge of their own, which has routinely foretold what will happen in the U.S.

“I wish I had a crystal ball,” Lin Chen, director of the Mount Auburn Travel Medicine Center and an associate professor at Harvard Medical School, told The Hill.

“In the U.S., our cases have been declining overall, but then there are areas where the virus detection in a wastewater is increasing,” Chen said.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3703859-ahead-of-holiday-season-experts-eye-another-covid-winter/

Everybody PANIC!  :scared smiley:
What is the gospel? I’ll put it in a sentence.
The gospel is the news that Jesus Christ, the Righteous One, died for our sins and rose again, eternally triumphant over all his enemies, so that there is now no condemnation for those who believe, but only everlasting joy.
That’s the gospel. (John Piper)