Author Topic: Military Runs on Pride and Poor Leaders  (Read 130 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Military Runs on Pride and Poor Leaders
« on: October 26, 2022, 01:42:29 pm »
Military Runs on Pride and Poor Leaders
This is one game we can’t ever afford to lose.
Oct. 24, 2022 5:01 pm ET

America’s military is in decline for three critical reasons (“The U.S. Military’s Growing Weakness,” Review & Outlook, Oct. 18). First, many generals aren’t world-class field officers but inexperienced desk jockeys who rose to star status with keen politics. Second, our brass is too socially savvy, concerned with matters of race, gender and Washington politics, rather than with winning wars of consequence, which we’ve not done in 75 years. Third, our servicemen are underpaid, undereducated and underappreciated.

These are tragic mistakes given our volunteer military and the multiple threats we face today. The military runs on pride and poor leaders. Political game-playing and public indifference are hard to overcome.

In a world where Russia puffs, China snorts and Iran wants to blow us to bits, we are playing Russian roulette with our children’s future by experiencing declines in weaponry, preparedness and battlefield leadership. That is one game we can’t ever afford to lose.

Capt. Richard Klitzberg, USA (Ret.)

Princeton, N.J.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/us-military-leaders-generals-politics-race-pc-11666642808
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 01:43:22 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson