Author Topic: US forces kill two al-Shabaab terrorists in airstrike in Somalia, Pentagon says  (Read 280 times)

Online libertybele

US forces kill two al-Shabaab terrorists in airstrike in Somalia, Pentagon says

U.S. Africa Command carried out an airstrike on Sunday targeting al-Shabaab terrorists in coordination with the Somali government, the Pentagon said.

The terrorists, two of whom were killed, had been attacking Somali National Army forces near Buulobarde, a city roughly 135 miles north of Mogadishu.

No civilian casualties were reported, according to an initial assessment by U.S. Africa Command.

The airstrike comes about three weeks after the U.S. military launched an airstrike in Somalia that took out Abdullahi Nadir, a top leader of what the Pentagon says is the "most kinetically active al-Qaeda network in the world."

"U.S. Africa Command, alongside its partners, continues to take action to prevent this malicious terrorist group from planning and conducting attacks on civilians," the Pentagon said in a statement. ......

https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-forces-kill-two-al-shabaab-terrorists-airstrike-somalia-pentagon-says
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US launches airstrike to assist Somali forces under attack
By Zamone Perez
 Oct 25, 01:43 PM

The U.S. conducted an airstrike in Somalia on Sunday against al-Shabab, killing two, U.S. Africa Command said Tuesday.

According to a statement by AFRICOM, al-Shabab insurgents were attacking Somali National Army forces near Buulobarde, more than 124 miles north of the country’s capital of Mogadishu. This appears to be the 10th strike by U.S. forces in Somalia in 2022, according to a Long War Journal tracker. That’s compared to 11 such strikes in 2021 and 44 in 2020.

“Al-Shabaab is the largest and most kinetically active al-Qaeda network in the world and has proved both its will and capability to attack U.S. forces and threaten U.S. security interests,” AFRICOM officials said in a statement. “U.S. Africa Command, alongside its partners, continues to take action to prevent this malicious terrorist group from planning and conducting attacks on civilians.”

The strike on Sunday killed two al-Shabaab fighters, while no civilians were injured or killed, according to AFRICOM. The command has in the past been accused by groups like Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch of killing civilians in strikes, despite the command claiming otherwise.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/2022/10/25/us-launches-airstrike-to-assist-somali-forces-under-attack/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
We need to protect Somalia so more terrorists like congressjihadist Omar can come to America and spread their hate. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Yay, another war sans congressional declaration.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EdinVA

Wak-a-mole game at $50 million per mole....