Author Topic: 'Devastating consequences' as new Swedish government scraps environment ministry  (Read 952 times)

Offline Hoodat

'Devastating consequences' as new Swedish government scraps environment ministry

David Mac Dougall  •  Updated: 19/10/2022 - 12:23

Sweden's new right-wing government [not a typo] has sparked an outcry after scrapping the Ministry of Environment in a move the opposition has branded "devastating".

Previously, the ministry was a high-profile stand-alone department with a minister in the cabinet, but now it will operate as part of another ministry instead. 

Prime Minister Ulf Kristersson unveiled his new cabinet on Tuesday, and although he did appoint a Minister of Climate and Environment -- 26-year-old Liberal MP Romina Pourmokhtari-- she will work under Christian Democrat leader Ebba Busch, the new Minister for Energy, Business and Industry, rather than lead her own ministry. 

The leader of the Swedish Greens, Per Bolund, noted that for the first time in 35 years Sweden would have no dedicated environment ministry.

"It is impossible to describe more clearly how little this government values ​​the environment and the climate. This is a historic decision with devastating consequences for environmental issues", said Bolund. 

Pär Holmgren, a Swedish Green Party MEP, said, "expect huge cuts in green funding leading to a devastating impact on climate policies that we, the Greens, worked so hard to put in place."

Isabella Lövin, chairperson of the board at the Stockholm Environmental Institute and herself a former minister of environment, said that green issues in Sweden had been "set back 35 years".  .  .

https://www.euronews.com/2022/10/18/devastating-consequences-as-new-swedish-government-scraps-environment-ministry
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Finally! A drop of sanity in an ocean of insanity!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Lando Lincoln

To paraphrase Joe, this is kind of a big f’n deal.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Between this and covid, the Swedes have taken the lead in sane govt.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Poor Greta.  The kid is gonna stroke out when she gets a load of that.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline cato potatoe

Time for the left to cancel Sweden, as they did to Russia when that country resisted gay marriage.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I am waiting to hear what the new government has to say about allowing anybody from Africa to immigrate to Sweden and be given "free everything" when they first get there,and then given jobs they are completely unqualified to handle,like working at car factories.

Not that they are actually required to do anything other than punch the time clock,
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

Good start.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Swedish Government Throws Out ‘All The Mad Greenies’
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2022, 04:55:32 pm »
WRITTEN BY SKY NEWS AUSTRALIA ON OCT 24, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS, VIDEOS

Swedish Government Throws Out ‘All The Mad Greenies’

Sky News host Rowan Dean says the Swedish government “basically threw out all the mad greenies” and is reintroducing non-renewable forms of energy.

“They’re completely overturning everything to do with the net zero climate policy,” he said.

Mr. Dean described the decision as “fantastic news”.

“They know in Sweden how cold it can get in winter – and they know in Sweden that you’ve got to have your heating and you’ve got to have your eating and you’ve got to have your cooking.”

You now have the Swedish government saying they’re going to go back to nuclear and coal and getting rid of Net Zero.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/swedish-government-throws-out-the-mad-greenies/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Swedish Government Throws Out ‘All The Mad Greenies’
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2022, 04:56:41 pm »
 :cheerlead: :dancer: blij26
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MOD3

Merged.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Pigs, pigs flying out my window... 
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Poor Greta.  The kid is gonna stroke out when she gets a load of that.

And what would be the problem with that? :beer:

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Is your green agenda home country too chilly?

Come to Sweden....get warm this winter.

Could open up 'energy tourism'...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis