Author Topic: The Quiet Desperation Of Woke Fanatics  (Read 234 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Quiet Desperation Of Woke Fanatics
« on: October 25, 2022, 02:21:16 pm »
The Quiet Desperation Of Woke Fanatics
What's driving them? And how can they be defeated?

Michael Shellenberger
Oct 18

“The fiercest fanatics are often selfish people who were forced, by innate shortcomings or external circumstances, to lose faith in their own selves. They separate the excellent instrument of their selfishness from their ineffectual selves and attach it to the service of some holy cause.”
— Eric Hoffer, The True Believer

Over the last few weeks, climate activists in Britain have blocked highways (because cars emit carbon dioxide), poured milk onto the floors of supermarkets (because livestock emits methane), and thrown tomato soup at Van Gogh’s “Sunflowers” (because climate change is more important than art. Or something). The activists are a kind of reboot of the Extinction Rebellion (XR) climate protests in the UK in the fall of 2019.

People in the UK are at risk of dying from natural gas shortages. Still, the climate activists with “Just Stop Oil” think it’s outrageous that their government is desperately trying to produce more natural gas for its people. But without more natural gas, there could be three-hour-long blackouts, which threaten the operation of medical equipment, and thus the lives of vulnerable people.

The various media stunts appeared authentically grassroots but were, in fact, financed by a $1 million grant from a philanthropic group called Climate Emergency Fund, which is funded by their heirs to the Getty and Rockefeller oil fortunes, and founded in 2019. The Board of Directors consists of a who’s-who of climate alarmism including “Don’t Look Up!” film director, Adam McKay, who donated $4 million, New Yorker writer Bill McKibben, and New York Times columnist David Wallace-Wells. The Fund and their grantees have been cheered on by the Secretary General of the United Nations and much of the mainstream media

https://michaelshellenberger.substack.com/p/the-quiet-desperation-of-woke-fanatics?mc_cid=c1c7df40a3&mc_eid=0b1369f9f8
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: The Quiet Desperation Of Woke Fanatics
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 02:26:02 pm »
Wait until bystanders start pummeling these punks.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: The Quiet Desperation Of Woke Fanatics
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2022, 02:54:47 pm »
Wait until bystanders start pummeling these punks.

Which will thankfully happen once the general populus realizes they are responsible for the deterioration in society's standard of living.

I will watch it with glee.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.