Author Topic: Yellen on Criticisms of Spending: People ‘Got the Support They Needed’ — ‘We Did the Best We Could’  (Read 358 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yellen on Criticisms of Spending: People ‘Got the Support They Needed’ — ‘We Did the Best We Could’ and the World Also Has Inflation

Ian Hanchett 24 Oct 2022

During an interview with NBC News on Monday broadcast on Monday’s edition of MSNBC’s “The 11th Hour,” Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen responded to criticisms that the government has spent too much money by stating that people “know that they got the support they needed to get through a horrible pandemic.” And stated that President Joe Biden’s economic team did “the best we could” and urged people to “look around the world and look at how the U.S. is doing in comparison with all of our advanced country counterparts where inflation is also extremely high.”

MSNBC host and NBC News Senior Business Analyst Stephanie Ruhle asked, “[T]here’s lots of criticism that there was too much government support, but you can’t make a bumper sticker that says, it could have been worse, but that’s kind of the position that you’re in, how do you convince the American people of that?”

Yellen responded, “Well, look, the American people know that they got the support they needed to get through a horrible pandemic.”

Ruhle then asked, “Have they forgotten? Because many people across this country are really unhappy about the economy today.”

Yellen answered, “I think they’re unhappy because inflation’s high. And it’s natural, and it’s understandable.”

Ruhle then asked, “If Democrats do lose two weeks from now, with the economy being a top issue for voters, how much will the President’s economic team have to shoulder some of the blame for that?”

Yellen responded, “Well, you know, we did the best we could and under extremely challenging circumstances. And I guess I would urge people to look around the world and look at how the U.S. is doing in comparison with all of our advanced country counterparts where inflation is also extremely high.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/10/24/yellen-on-criticisms-of-spending-people-got-the-support-they-needed-we-did-the-best-we-could-and-the-world-also-has-inflation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yellen: Even Though Inflation Hasn’t Declined, We’re on Path to Reducing Inflation and Avoiding Recession

Ian Hanchett 24 Oct 2022

During an interview with NBC News on Monday broadcast on Monday’s edition of MSNBC’s “The 11th Hour,” Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said she can’t rule out the possibility of a recession, there is a path to reducing inflation while still having a strong job market, and we’re on the path to doing so, even though “we’ve not seen inflation come down.”

Yellen said that she thinks “there is a path by which inflation can come down to comfortable levels while maintaining a strong job market.”

MSNBC host and NBC News Senior Business Analyst Stephanie Ruhle then asked, “Are we on that path?”

Yellen responded, “So far I would say yes. Although, we’ve not seen inflation come down. But I think we’re on the path to bring it down. The administration has been working with Congress to supplement what the Fed’s doing. So, we’ve had releases of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, and that’s helped to hold oil prices down. Of course, gas prices are higher, but they’re well off their peak. Meanwhile, the Inflation Reduction Act that was passed will lower prescription drug prices, which is important for so many households, and also hold down healthcare premiums.”

Yellen also stated of a recession, “I can’t rule out the risk of one. But, as I said, I believe there is a path toward bringing inflation down, with — in the context of a strong labor market.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/10/24/yellen-even-though-inflation-hasnt-declined-were-on-path-to-reducing-inflation-and-avoiding-recession/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Inflation will not decline until the Biden Admin stops its sanctions against domestic US energy suppliers.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 01:59:51 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Color me skeptical about Yeller's logic. If the government, Fraudci and his lackey's, Pelooni, Scmuckey, Yeller and a a lot of other democrats including fascist governors hadn't shut down the Nation destroying jobs and the economy then there would be no need to further fuel inflation with the insane printing of money so people ‘Got the Support They Needed’ and the fact that this imbecile says that they did the best they could is the best argument for booting her incompetent @ss along with the rest of them.