Author Topic: WATCH: Marines challenge Olympic runner to combined CFT and PFT  (Read 159 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WATCH: Marines challenge Olympic runner to combined CFT and PFT
« on: October 25, 2022, 02:07:59 pm »
WATCH: Marines challenge Olympic runner to combined CFT and PFT
 Joel Searls

Posted On October 21, 2022 05:56:31

Nick Symmonds is a two-time Olympian who specialized in the 800 and 1500 meters distances, which are middle-distance track competitions. He is an Eagle Scout and ran track in a professional style setting for over 12 years. He competed in the 800 meters in the 2008 Olympic games in Beijing and the 2012 Olympic games in London. Symmonds came in fifth in the 2012 games. The Marines at Camp Pendleton through the Entertainment Media Liaison Office challenged Symmonds not just to a Physical Fitness Test, but also a Combat Fitness Test.

On an interesting note, Nick Symmonds is an entrepreneur as he co-founded Rum Gum, which is caffeinated chewing gum for athletes, and has a presence on social media as well. The Rum Gum TikTok account has over 750k followers and 38 million likes. He boasts 900k plus followers on YouTube, 142 million views and nearly 200k followers on Instagram. He has a second YouTube channel as well titled Nick Symmonds Too which has 49k plus subscribers and 4.8 million views.

The Marines Corp Physical Fitness Test, aka PFT, measures cardiovascular fitness and is completed in the green-on-green PT uniform. The three portions of the PFT consist of a three-mile run, pull-ups or push-ups, although with push-ups you cannot get the full score for the event and crunches, which are going to be planks here in the next iteration. Perfect scores for pull-ups usually consist of a high number of dead hang pull-ups in the 20-plus range. The perfect run time score is in 18 minutes, which is really moving and can only be done by a small percentage of Marines. If you want to do that well on the run you may want to take marathon training to build up your cardiovascular endurance.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/mighty-sports/marines-challenge-olympic-runner/
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 02:08:48 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson