Author Topic: Biden's latest gaffe on student loan bailout plan may come back to haunt him  (Read 240 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden's latest gaffe on student loan bailout plan may come back to haunt him
Opinion by Jonathan Turley - Yesterday 10:55 AM

President Joe Biden recently boasted that the Supreme Court and a lower court had declared that they are "on Biden's side" on tuition forgiveness. That was off-base, but Biden made an even more bizarre comment that he "passed [the loan forgiveness] by a vote or two" in Congress.

That boast is particularly embarrassing because the administration is in court claiming that he did not need to get congressional approval for the plan. It is likely to be raised by challengers in the next stage of litigation. It also may reflect a moment of actual clarity in his subconscious mind, a faint recognition of the constitutional principles that he once defended as a United States senator.

There are significant constitutional questions raised by Biden's half trillion dollar loan giveaway -- an acknowledgment made by one of the courts ruling against challengers on standing grounds. The problem is finding someone with standing to allow courts to reach the merits of this unilateral executive action.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-s-latest-gaffe-on-student-loan-bailout-plan-may-come-back-to-haunt-him/ar-AA13jYz0?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=dc77b7bc9c9e42d5adc70bb2c8649211
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 11:04:05 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson