Author Topic: Yellen: ‘Not Positive’ Inflation Has Peaked, It Will ‘Come Down over the Next Year or Two’  (Read 408 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yellen: ‘Not Positive’ Inflation Has Peaked, It Will ‘Come Down over the Next Year or Two’

Ian Hanchett 24 Oct 2022

During a portion of an interview with NBC News released on Monday, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said she’s confident that “inflation will come down over the next year or two,” but while there are “good indications” that inflation will decline, she isn’t certain that inflation has peaked and doesn’t want to predict inflation numbers on a month-by-month basis.

Yellen stated, “I have confidence that inflation will come down over the next year or two, so I believe that what [the Federal Reserve is] doing will work.”

MSNBC host and NBC News Senior Business Analyst Stephanie Ruhle then asked, “Do you believe it’s peaked?”

Yellen responded, “So, I’m not positive. I don’t want to forecast month-by-month inflation numbers. The most recent data suggests we still have inflation that’s unacceptably high, but there are good indications earlier in the pipeline that inflation will come down.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/10/24/yellen-not-positive-inflation-has-peaked-it-will-come-down-over-the-next-year-or-two/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Why doesn't this stupid Biotch just come right out and say she hasn't a friggin clue what she's doing? When is her next interview where she expounds on green energy, another subject she apparently knows nothing about.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Year or two.   My 401K will be in negative numbers if I live that long.  Could someone show that bowl-cut bitch to the door?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I always chuckle when I hear Democrats claiming that inflation will 'come down'. Inflation NEVER comes down. You can reduce the 'rate of increase', but you can never go back to 1970. It simply will never happen. What Biden and his masters have done, will last for our lifetime (and our children).

A big THANK YOU to all the NeverTrumps, who "stood by their principles" and crashed America.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 02:13:50 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

Can the next president fire her?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Hoodat

Yellen stated, “I have confidence that inflation will come down over the next year or two

Yellin must think that Republicans are about to take control of the House and Senate.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-